• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 oil grade

44CCKW

I just picked up a M715.I would like to change the oil in it but I haven't gotten my TMs yet.What grade oil is used in the 230 engine?Also,The gas pedal linkage looks to be home made to me.The truck has a holly carb on it and the linkage is a cable that looks to have been made to work,But doesn't look right.This cable runs from the gas pedal to the carb linkage.I had a 725 years ago and I have forgotten how the linkage looked.

bcowanwheels

remember the oil you get today is (politically) correct and not the oil quality as when these trucks was made, the camshaft is rocker arm to cam so if i was you I,d add the zinc additive to the oil. personally I run valvoline racing oil straight 40 weight, it has the zinc still n it. second choice is amsoil synthetic, good stuff but pricey.

44CCKW

Thanks,Oil type has always been a big debate.I know back when these trucks where built oil was much different.Most of these old trucks ran a straight weight type oil and mostly non detergent.I had a Mighty Mite a few years back and the Mite guys tore me up about what oil to use.I generally will go by the TMs.But they are really old school.I guess it is really just whatever your preference may be.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks