• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exhaust Muffler

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
None of them have it - I had to find a used muffler and will be taking it to a Meineke shop to have them make a duplicate. Any muffler shop should be able to fab one up if you show what you already have.

Armada

Thanks Dave! I will be picking your brain in the future since you have so much experience restoring the 715! ;)

White Owl n/a
Saturn Surplus n/a
VPW n/a
waiting to hear back from others

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Armada said:
AB Linn did not have any either.
Got one from Memphis. They are a repro.
REALLY? How much?

I stopped by Midas yesterday and the teen behind the counter said if it wasn't in his computer (my truck model) he couldn't make a new one. Grumble grumble.

Armada

Memphis price was about $90. Yeah, they are exspensive, but they usually have the parts.

Also on my need list is a pair of mirrior assemblies for the doors. Nos, used, etc. Anybody got a set to sell? Thanks

Armada

No more pics yet Lane. It's awesome, always wanted one! It's stock except for the tires and mirrors. Still has the Tornado in it. You know me though, can't leave well enough alone, leaning towards doing a frame off. You stopping by this weekend? I'll stick around Sunday if you are coming through that day. I'll be here the first part of Saturday too. You can check it out then.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I'll have to send a check to Memphis. When I called them last year, they were out and didn't know if they were going to make more. I stopped by two muffler shops today and neither said they would make me a replacement muffler. So I guess I'll go with the only source that Armada found. $110 shipped is a little expensive, but for the -715 series, parts are where you find them.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
memphis knows if you call them you've tried everywhere else
rofl

Haha, that's the truth! LOL

Armada

Vermont Commercial Salvage does not have mufflers either. They do have some things for the 715. Here is the response I got back from George. I've dealt with him in the past, great place to do business with.

"Paul, I don't have any exhaust parts. I have NOS steering box,drive shalf,front axle and seat covers."

citizensoldier

Hey Paul can you post a picture of this muffler? I need to have a idea what I am looking for when I find parts stashes. They did'nt use a simular one on any of the civi units? Jeep was famouse for re-using the same stuff for atleast a 20 year model run.. What makes it so special I guess?

Armada

I can get a shot of it when the new one shows up. Not much left to take a picture of the one on the truck.
Uneventful drive home from Indy yesterday?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks