• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for tire tubes and flaps?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Am picking up my new rubber for the -725 this weekend, some military surplus 11.00x16 XL radials meant for the LAV. They are 38" tires, as opposed to the original 9.00x16s which were 34" high.

Question is, since I am still using the M715 series rims on this truck, I will need tubes and flaps, just as if I were using standard size 9.00x16s. But what size tubes will I need? Can anyone recommend a source of proper size tubes and flaps for my application, in the correct size I need? I believe I will need radial tubes despite the fact I am using the original rims, correct me if I'm wrong....

citizensoldier

Hey Maddawg.. I use International Tube & Tire out of Texas. I am looking for there website and will post it when find it.. Tomany things in my favorite section. They had the best price at the time and knew just what tire I was talking about when I called them. 1100/16 XL radials on my CDN M37
You will need radial tubes and flaps. Tubes must have the metal valve stem with the 90 degree bend..

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CS and Armada: yeah I think they will work out well, they definitely look cool! I thought for the price they were worth it ($550 for 4 like new tires, and 1 fair cond. spare), and they had more contact with the road surface, hence, better performance on wet roads, much more so than the stock NDTs. Thanks for the pics guys!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: Tires

Boatcarpenter said:
Geez maddawg308, I hope you didn't put those tires on your credit card :roll:
BC
Ha ha. No, I bought these with a portion of my tax return, back when I had a little money floating around. No more use of the credit card for me...

Barrman

RE: Re: Tires

Mike,
Call ITT. Their website doesn't always process orders that good. Ask for Rusty. Just tell him you are putting Michelins on a M715 and he will know exactly what tubes you need. He asked me to call him the next time I have my M715 in Houston so he can meet me and see exactly what these trucks are he keeps selling tubes for.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: Tires

Never mind - I got ahold of Rusty, and I have 5 tubes and 5 flaps incoming. Very helpful guy, Rusty is. Thanks to all!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks