• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M114 sniper platform

wgtactical

Here is the latest creation on the track. This sniper platform will reduce exposure to the threat via glance armor while giving placement of the shooter more versatility. This particular piece will be donated to a local LE agency, while two additional (not pictured units) will remain with WGTi

Attachments

wgtactical

Well, here is the sniper shield on its new home. The Gwinnett County Sheriffs Office had their track on display at this years Memorial Day parade. There is also talk about some custom work, now that they have seen ours :wink: I will keep you posted.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you are redoing these tracks, what are you using for ignition systems? I may be in the market for a factory distributor for an off the wall project in the future.

wgtactical

Thanks Massm35a2, we are also moving forward on the second machine...which should be more impressive in many ways than the first. As far as the ignition systems, the two customs are OEM GM electronic. I think I have a couple NOS military distributors here for the small block.

wgtactical

It's at least an A1with the xm26 cupola, but could also be a A1E1...which I have seen with all three cupola variants. I have see pictures of the M114 in water, but I have not talked with anyone who has done it. Bradyracing, looks like you have been busy 8)

bradyracing

I would have to ask the owner for sure and I don't have my papers in front of me right now. It has the electric cupola and 20mm mount. We run it with a russian semi-auto 20mm on it for looks. Its a blast to drive off-road. My webshots link has a bunch of pics as I was building it along with a Saracen and FV432. Just wondering if you guys running and building the M114 have sacked up and taken the plunge across water. My fear is the thing would roll over and sink greasey side up and when it hit the bottom of the bayou there would be a cyprus stump keeping the back door shut. That would be a hell of a way to go.......

Alredneck

Banned
No offense but I find it quite gut wrenching the waste of good tax payers dollars on those machines, while they are cool to look at and use in the military fighting combatants, civilians and local thugs are not combatants. I understand thugs are getting better equipped these days but the money could of been better spent. If anything its just aggravating those who wish to resist more and is inviting a mokoltov cocktail or two to burn the danm thing to the ground if not some boom to blow it over upside down in a ditch. This is why good cops cant get a needed raise the money is going somewhere for show of force that is just going to get laughed at by guys much more determined with unending budgets.

wgtactical

Alredneck said:
No offense but I find it quite gut wrenching the waste of good tax payers dollars on those machines, while they are cool to look at and use in the military fighting combatants, civilians and local thugs are not combatants. I understand thugs are getting better equipped these days but the money could of been better spent. If anything its just aggravating those who wish to resist more and is inviting a mokoltov cocktail or two to burn the danm thing to the ground if not some boom to blow it over upside down in a ditch. This is why good cops cant get a needed raise the money is going somewhere for show of force that is just going to get laughed at by guys much more determined with unending budgets.
No offense taken, everybody likes a good comedian :lol:

Bradyracing, do you need any parts/pieces for yours? You can PM me, I have lots of spares.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry way you feel that way Captain. It's budgetary restraints that cause depts to get tracks. They are available for darned near nothing from the LESO program. Unfortunately no V100s are available and a commercial law enforcement vehicle designed for the purpose usually runs well over a hundred grand. As law enforcement continues to face budget reductions, the agencies will have to resort to this type of vehicle as it's all that can be afforded. Since this topic has already been beaten to a bloody death, I'll make no more posts relating to this. WGT, the tracks are coming along nicely, keep up the wonderful work.

bradyracing

And I'll have to add that digital camo is a nice look. Do you still run the oil in the road wheel hubs or have anybody switched to grease instead.

wgtactical

Well put Recovery4x4 :D On the last two M114's we are doing, we have switched to grease. Glad you like the camo, and we have already built another sniper platform for this machine to replace the one that we donated to Gwinnett County SWAT. We will also be posting pictures of our latest custom M114 as soon as we get the chance.

Alredneck

Banned
I guess im going to have to put comedian on my resume for skill sets, when I retire WG. If you like give me your address to your shop and I will come down there and tell jokes with a magic hat and a bag of tricks while I turn that machine of yours into a bunch of little paper weights. :shock: :lol: [thumbzup] No Offense of course its all just good training!

jpinst

That is a nice restoration but a sniper platform on a super loud APC is retarded. That said, why would you put a chain gun next to a sniper platform? I though snipers did not want to be seen or heard, and did not want attention drawn to them. You will hear this thing rolling in from a mile away. I think you should donate it to the police in Lebanon, not much use for a small town sheriff in the USA.

Alredneck

Banned
Yea I think your right out of the GOVT control and off to anothers! There's not to many places in civy land that will let me go around places shooting stuff or play with some boom either its just to uncivilizied!:grd: They do probably do take alot of work form when the govt lets go of them. Yall putting bigger 350s in them or keeping the wee lil 283 to give it a lil more umph!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks