• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dana 70 will 8 lug dana 70 hubs fit?

Turbo Detroit

Hey all i have a 68 m715 and want to connvert the wheel pattern to 8 by 6.5 modern chevrolet lug pattern...i have a set of rear full floater hubs for a Dana 70 but was wondering if the m715 dana 70 had the same wheel beraings id and od as the Gm dana 70...I know that the eaton ho 72, 14 Bolt gm,Dana 70 Gm,dana 70 hd will all interchange there hubs...but was wondering if anybody on here had done or tried this before?

ALA2

Hello I think most people that want to change the pattern just change the whole diff. Modern brakes and wheels. Some would say a better gear ratio. good luck Al

tobyS

I don't know about the interchange but if they are both Dana 70, one would think it would fit. Go to Napa and get in their books on axle bearings to see if they match.

I recently bought Hummer tires and wheels 8 x 6.5 pattern (for Dexter trailer axles). Only thing not that 6.5" pattern is recent Ford (@ 170 mm).

86m1028

I don't know about the interchange but if they are both Dana 70, one would think it would fit. Go to Napa and get in their books on axle bearings to see if they match.

I recently bought Hummer tires and wheels 8 x 6.5 pattern (for Dexter trailer axles). Only thing not that 6.5" pattern is recent Ford (@ 170 mm).
New chevys are metric now, 2011 & newer

bcowanwheels

No the gm d70 stuff will not fit a m715 d70. You need avery early dodge set of rear hubs. The front is going to be the real hard to find stuff. Your far better off just swaping to newer axles. Whats wrong with the 6 lug stock axles ? There trouble free and very dependable. Custom rims are readily available for them !
Bob

Turbo Detroit

I had a closed knuckel Dana 60 in a 1/2 ton gmc and also the d70 rear and the 6.2 in it was only pushing 5lbs of boost kept snapping the 23 spline axle shafts and i broke two carriers in the d70.......Gota a 14bolt rear and a Dana 60 Front Kingpin axle to go in it so all is well....Thanks guys!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks