• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

add a 2nd alternator and battery

Knottofs

Hay, anybody ever add a 2nd alternator and battery in the back? I want to toss in a small 4000lb utility winch in the bed, so I can get a hand lifting things into the back?
Thanks, Nate

acetomatoco

How would you drive the second alternator in the back? Belts from the Driveshaft? Or did you mean a third battery as your truck already has two if it is stock....? For occasional use, you can just tap off one of the stock batteries for 12V to run a little winch... ACE

Knottofs

Ya, after I sent the post, I realized I didn’t elaborate the subject. I was thinking of adding 12-volt alternator under the hood, and putting a battery box in the bed.

Thanks, Nate

area52

I think someone on here has done the second alternator route, someone from Florida if memory serves. Just fab up some mounts and add a pulley onto one of the other existing pulleys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks