• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my first m715

kensdodge1

I built a fake dodge wc-12 woods truck but now i want a truck to drive to the trail so i picked up a rough no one wanted 1967 m715

so far i bought another cab had to rebuild the back of the cab

rebuild the lower cowl and floors

Last edited:

bcowanwheels

enjoy the build as all you can do when its done is drive it. things you might want to consider-
1. install a h/d "truck split master cylinder brake kit
2. look for and install a np202 or np205 divorced transfer case (the stock np200 will over heat when driven on the highway)

if you need any help contact me, I,ve built these for almost 30 yrs
bob

kensdodge1

Thanks bcowanwheels I will. as of now the plan is to run hydra-boost brake master and booster it'll be getting a LS engine with a nv4500 trans with a married np241 case. I'm gonna install a open knuckle 60 spring under with 5.87 gear in front the dana 70 in the rear converted to eight lug the rear springs will be inboarded at least the plans for now.

bcowanwheels

hydro boost is way overkill for a m715 unless you live in the hi mountains or tow really heavy. and finding 8 lug rear hubs is really hard. why 5.87 ? 4.56 and hummer tires is far better. open knuckle front ???????? dont make sence. modern d60 and 14 bolt rear is the route i,d go.JMO because i,ve done a bunch of them.

kensdodge1

open knuckle front = modern 60, hydra boost brakes to stop 40" tires, and 5.87 gears to crawl over the big rocks and turn them 40" tires

kensdodge1

This isnt my first rodeo building offroad trucks. Thanks for your opinion but as u stated it is your opinion. I know what works where i live and where i wheel

kensdodge1

dude do us both a favor and keep your opinions and comments out of my post and threads u evidently have no clue what your talkin about

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks