• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

715 found, worth it?

mtnrebel

Found this M715 the other day. 68 model, troop seats, fairly new canvas top, bigger electrical system for radios. Sharp, straight truck, never been with a fire dept, so no red paint, winch, extra hood, fording kit, clear NC title. Slight rust on left side by hood, solid floor, rust on inside door jam on bottom, was running, but fuel pump needs built or replaced. Looks to be original paint, frame has been repainted, and exhaust needs to be finished from muffler and back. Owner started to restore, but had health issues. Is $7,000 too much?

Attachments

jamieboy

I would also have to agree that this might be a little much. I have seen a few of these in adds lately
in the $8000 range but they are near perfect, get in and drive away vehicles. I also have a friend that
just bought a near perfect ambulance version that is near mint for a lot less. Good luck with your
decision, and maybe you can get him to haggle a little.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For my 2 cents if I was in the market for one like that I would say given you info you posted and the pics a fair value would be between $4500 and $5000.

Mark

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plan on spending about $150 to have the fuel pump rebuilt for todays gas.

While $7K isn't outrageous, it is on the higher side.

www.m715zone.com is a great source for 715 info.

I've owned a couple of them.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I saw one for sale locally. It wasn't completely original and had a little "bubba" work done here and there. (nothing bad at all) The asking price was either $6000 or 8000. I was very interested until I saw that price and quickly walked away. $5K would be my limit for one personally.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the smaller vehicles, are worth more, the the bigger stuff is. If I was in the market, and could get it for 6K, I'd jump on it. It doesn't take long, buying little stuff. Nothing else is cheap.

3dAngus

Thanks all!! Think i will stick with my deuce!!
You can always make an offer. No one should pay that especially if non running. Once running there is no telling what you will have to get into. I'm in the process of doing a $900 brake refurbishment job on my M-37, for instance.
The winch is nice but you can't test it. I'm not even sure I would offer $4500 with it not running, but it might be worth it.
He has the responsibility to get the engine running for testing for Money anywhere near that, in sickness or in health.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I saw one for sale locally. It wasn't completely original and had a little "bubba" work done here and there. (nothing bad at all) The asking price was either $6000 or 8000. I was very interested until I saw that price and quickly walked away. $5K would be my limit for one personally.
Running that is.

Fishtail

Although this truck is complete, it has been sitting a while. Figure $150 for fuel pump rebuild, $60 for carb kit and $100 to get tank boiled out just to try to start it. $50 master cylinder, $25 x 4 wheel cylinders, fluid, maybe lines and shoes, too.

This stuff all goes bad quickly when something sits outside for a few years. Don't take the owner's words, "it ran when parked"

So like $3k tops, and a thou to get it running smooth, and you only got a truck worth $4 grand.

Scott

bcowanwheels

As a general rule you get what you pay for and getting one that is unmolested and never in the hands of a "well lets say a person who buggers things up " 7 k is a fair price. All my mint m715's start at 10k and price isnt negotiable. Theres tons of molested m715,s out there where folk think they have "improved" it..........

SLOrazorsedge

Just as info, I acquired my M715 here in the peoples republic as a fairly intact non-running truck in rough/fair condition for $1,500. My son and I intentions were to heavily modify with a Keith Black 383 stroker motor running 2.5 ton Rockwells. Stock or modified these trucks will eat you alive on $$$$ if they are not intact and running. If you can find them in Ca, prices are unrealistic. 5k should be the midrange, 7k for the one you have in mind is about 2k too much. Just my two cents

major519

The difference in price between a runner and a non runner can be thousands. I can never understand why a guy will insist on selling a non runner using the tactic that it only needs this or that and ran good. If thats the case, spend a few bucks and some time to get it running.( which should equal more money?)
I always tell guys that its basically a parts truck or a scrapper unless it runs. Also, just because a vehicle runs doesn't mean it's any good either.

Wolf.Dose

Hey,
if the drive train for the winch is complete and the winch works, the winch set useually costs arround 2500$. So without looking too deep into the quality of the truck and if it is as decriped, 5000 $ should be good enough for the truck. Consider the work you will have with the vehicle. The Quality of the doors you descriped might reduce the Price by 1000$, depending on the condition. Sheet metal parts are very reare!
Wolf

bcowanwheels

If i owned this truck 7k would "not" buy it. Originals in this nice of condition with winch and troop seats along with fording kit are extreamly hard to come by. Keep in mind the m715 bunch of folk for the most part are so tight they squeek when they walk so i just let them walk and squeek away.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks