• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

put a built 383 ls1 in my m715

chess

ello all. i figured i would post my build on here too. hopefully gain recognition

well heres info on the truck.
1968 m715 kaiser jeep.
had it since 91 i was not even 1 year old when my dad brought it. he messed with it a while. then my brother did. and now its mine!
was originally a sea bee navy truck.

the motor
from a 99 z28 came as a stroker with forged internals. i added some cnc. ported heads a victor jr intake and a quick fuel e85 750dp carb and the 6010 msd ignition. and a 238/242 .640/.609 cam sounds mean on idle.. s10 shorty ls1 swap headers. no motor mounted fab needed had a 6.5 turbo diesel before so trans and mounts were bolt in.

drivetrain
4l80e with a rossler manual control box works beautifully.
jegs 4000 stall torque converter
art carr shifter from wide open designs.
np241c rebuilt by o&r off road in bloomington,ca
cable shifter from jb fab i made a custom mount for the xcase works good.

differentials
front dana 60 stock but with 4:10s with limited slips
rear dana 70 stock with 4:10s and limited slips

extras.
all autometer analog gauges with leds
arc 12 switch control panel all wiring was done by me.
gtlighting usa 7 and 4 inch hid lights
harbor freight led trailer tail lights
aem afr failsafe gauge.
rci 19 gallon aluminum fuel cell.
aeromotive street pump and a1000 regulator

I'm sure I'm forgetting some details but those are the main ones.
all well most of the work was done by me. the work its not the prettiest. but I'm only 23 and I'm learning. it had a diesel 6.5 in it before but it had no power. i wanted to do a twin turbo p pump cummins swap in it but it would involve 10 times more work. i had this motor laying since 2008 for a different project. but ended up putting it in here... the engine don't run 100% right now but i hope to get it dyno tuned by westech as soon as they can.

when i get the engine running good to its max. i plan on ordering a set of hummer wheels and have skat trak make me some paddle tires for the sand dunes. and eventually if work keeps going good i want to link suspension it front and rear with big travel. i want to be able to fly over whoops and bumps. but I'm taking it step by step. well heres some pics enjoy. thanks for looking

M715 383 ls1 e85 first start up. - YouTube

chess

The swap took a bit over a month. Only because I was ill for almost. 3 weeks it had a 6.5 turbo diesel. So what saved time was it bolted up right to the transmission. And right to the motor mounts. And thanks!

bcowanwheels

All i say is why ? A bone stock 305 or at the most a stock 350 is perfect unless your gonna go to the mud drags. AND WHO IN THE WORLD MAKES 4:10 GEARS FOR THE STOCK M715 D70 REAR AXLE ?
Jmo
bob

chess

Because when I add a long travel 4 link I will need the power. And I had the motor sitting for 7 years and just wanted to use it. And since the truck never has to be smogged. It's a perfect candidate. And I don't know who does but call tri county gear in California for that.

bcowanwheels

Dana spicer never made a 4:10 and down carrier or r&p for the 1/2" offset m715 early style axle. All that is or ever was available is 4"56 and up number wise. Dont matter its your truck,enjoy it the way you want it,i do all of mine.

SLOrazorsedge

Nice! We're on a slow build M715 with a Keith Black 383 stroker over 2.5 ton Rockwells mounted with MRAP 24 bolt aluminum wheels and Michelin 395/85R/20s. I imagine we'll have a bit more parasitic loss than you :0)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks