• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 fiberglass top

Jonofthesprings

Does anyone know where I can find a low profile fiberglass top for my M715.I like the way the 70s Jeep trucks roofs were, with the slight visor effect it gave. It currently has a home made steel top. I would greatly appreciate any info as this is my first M715 and I want to frame off this truck and bring her back to glory on my terms. I once heard a real truck was not bought, it was built.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Easiest way to get that look is to swap a J cab onto the truck. There are some glass tops out there but none very nice to look at.

67Beast

I believe Memphis Equip. has a fiberglass hard top that they sell for the M715, be prepared to pay big dollars for one. You might also check the for sale boards over at http://www.m715zone.com They pop up for sale there everey once and a while. If you are restoring yours though, remember that most all where soft tops during their military service life. Besides, nothing beats riding around topless when it's nice out. I leave the top off mine all summer long.

Jonofthesprings

More about the J cab

I appreciate you guys giving me some input. I am especially interested in the J cab swap idea. Kenny, do you have any experience with that, and can you give me any details of the problems I will encounter with that swap? Any input is greatly appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks