• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken front lockout hubs

bcowanwheels

Well broke another set of front lockout hubs. They just cant take a power lock posi much less a detroit locker (which i wont run in a front axle). So i,ve decided to go another route. Yes its a bit more trouble to make the front engauge but it wont give up on me when i need it for sure. I have quite a few stock front drive flanges so i chucked a set up in a lathe and cut all the splines OUT plus some from a spare set, this will give me what i need to drive down the road and have nothing turnning in the front end then when i,am ready to engauge the front axle i just swap out and install a set of "splined" drive flanges. I also removed the studs and now i,am useing grade #9 bolts on my flanges. This makes swaping out alot simpler. FYI IN CASE someone else wants/needs to do this.
Bob

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks