• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission support mounts

Jbush

Replacing my exhaust I found that my transmission support mounts have been (lack of a better word) destroyed. Does of of the members know where I can find them or something else I can use.

bcowanwheels

James, there's 2 bolts that ARE 5/8'S NC bolts that holds the trans mount to the back of the transmission, there notorious for comming loose/backing off. Everyone i,ve worled on they have been loose ( + 35 trucks). You need to replace these bolts with studs, flat and lock washers (all grade #8 along with red lock tite. the one on the driver side will need to be shorter than the passenger side stud.
Bob

Last edited:

Jbush

Thank you got the problem fixed. I found the spacer and bushing for the passenger side at surplus jeep. the price was very reasonable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks