• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

715 brake shoe question

Jbush

i have to replace the shoes on my M715 and found above that the 1970 J series Jeep Pickup shoes fit my truck. From the pictures I have been looking at does it matter which way the shoes are installed. The M715 quirks says to put the short shoe first and the longer one in the rear. Does it matter?

bcowanwheels

Yes it matters, short in front and i bet the m715 shoes are different than m715 shoes. By the way a car master cylinder is too small for the m715 also. You didnt check the shoes/wheel cylinders before you tried to bleed the brakes ?????????? Did you mark the drums so they will go back on exactly where they came off of in the clocking they was in ??????????? You,ll learn to call me.

The brake shoes are for the front and rear shoe the same. The brake design is a duo servo brake, so both shoes are the same to generate the same braking force forward and rearward. The easyest is to get the them relined with a quarter inch brake lining, preferly asbestos free. A qualified brake shop should be able to reline the shoes.
If you have some brake drum wear and want to bee on the safe side, get them 7 mm thick and your adjustment is at the minimum.
32 years with a M715.
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks