• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Look what followed ME home.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Holy smokes! Maybe you need to sell me a Drive-A-Tank franchise so I can convince my wife to let me bring home some armor! Congrats on your latest acquisition.

Elwenil

Yup, I see a vacation trip in my future. Are you giving SS members a discount? Lol! That is a seriously big machine. Is that tag on the trailer articulated or fixed? I'd hate to have to turn that rig around. I shudder tho think what the transportation costs were for that load. Beautiful piece though, looking forward to seeing it in action!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chieftain right? Those are great tanks for the money - place in Texas is selling 3 of them for $45,000 apiece in running condition restored. If I win the lottery, you know what I'll be getting!

That's right - ALL THREE.

eddiec

wow

looks like i should have waited another week to come up there to pick up that wrecker. hope all goes well with (drive a tank.com). talk to you again soon. got the wrecker started today, thanks.

rmgill

RE: wow

You should have driven that to the City Council Zoning meeting. They probably wouldn't have had a problem....

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

That heavy load low boy must have cost quite a bit I know we used them to get from Yermo, California up to the NTC and the ride cost the Army $1000.00 per trip to move our M1's from the rail head at the Marine base there. Are all your issues with the city counsel all taken care of? I know I got emails back from the people I wrote to on your behalf and if you are up and running I want to come out and bring my family for a chance to participate at your drive a tank museum.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I thought the Chieftains were well liked? They served for quite some time in the Brit Army. It's not that I don't trust your judgement, tankie88, it's just that your that first person/source I have heard speak ill of the tank.

The replacement, the Challenger 1, was a failure, I know that, but its upgrade to the Challenger 2 was a fantastic improvement.

hot rod deuce

every thing has its problems. Bottom line is there is a bunch of stuff on a tank or even a car to get to work together. These were hard on motors and trany's. Just remember these babies were playing with the M-60 then the abrams.

tankie88

The only prob was the L60 motor.What do expect from a motor that was built originally for a diesell train and built by British Leyland.One thing,make sure the engine governer is all ways full of oil or the pack will runaway and you can watch the pistons go through the top of the motor taking the motor deck T piece with it in the air.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks