• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need advise on buying APC

maz

Hey all.

I am really interested in getting a APC, and I am generally looking for a wheeled apc (No tank treads) and would prefer 6 wheels or less.

I love this model ( http://www.tanksforsale.co.uk/Vehicle1 BRDM2 for sale.htm )

My questions are as follows:
What other models, similar in looks/functionality to the above are easy to obtain in the US?
Do you know of anyone selling one? (Must be amphibious, and hold at least 3 people)
Will I have any issues owning it in massachusetts?
If I just buy the one on the tanksforsale.co.uk website, how much should I expect to pay for shipping?

Cheers!
-soon to be APC owner.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I would do a search of BRDM on all the popular search engines. I don't have much else to offer as I know nothing about APCs.

wgtactical

Maz, the only real consideration is what you are wanting to put into one. After that, just pick the one that appeals to you. Since these things are quite durable, it is not likely that you will ever be able to put the amount of time on them that makes parts availability a major concern. Personally I would like to have a V100, but I am not ready to dump around 60k for a good one (yet). One thing is for sure, what ever you end up with will certainly become more rare as time goes on, plus if there is ever a damaging storm that rips through your town, your vehicle is not likely to be as vunerable as say a neigbors Hemi convertible might be :wink: Good luck on your purchase!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to suggest a V100 but I don't know if it's an anphib. My favorite wheeled armor is certainly the V100.

maz

Where do you guys suggest looking for APCs of this caliber?
The similar US models I have found are the V 100 . LAV Series, etc..

Any idea where I could find them? I thought I read that the US NEVER sells there armored veichles anymore.

wgtactical

Here is a link to a Roland APC for sale.
http://gryphos.com/roland
As you might expect, modern armor will certainly become impossible to own in private collections as new restrictions are passed down. Just look at the .50 BMG ammo and parts...within a year the ammo and select parts has more than doubled in price so based on that, if you are going to get armor you may need to act soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks