• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why FV432's so cheap?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Why FV432

Supply and demand. There is more interest in American APCs, like the M114, M113, M59, V-100, etc, but there aren't that many around. However, there isn't too much demand for the British FV-432, and there are a lot more of them thanks to the open surplus system like the Brits have. My two cents, anyway.

L999here

...got one...

Have had my FV432 w/Peak Eng. turret for less than a year. They are easy to drive...probably the easist tracked vehicle to learn on. Have had trouble with the carb system....it's the Rolls-Royce straight-8 gas engine...but other than that it drives and runs reliably. I'd rather have the diesel for easy maintaince and less moving parts. The FV432 system is most likely the cheapest piece of tracked armor that is available today in the USA. I'd also rather have a tank...but not a millionaire ...by a long shot. Started with a duce (1970 M35A1),got a Brit Ferret,then the FV and now looking at a half-track and M45 quad-mount....it never ends...LOL. I could be talked into selling/tradeing the FV432 and could deliver it anywhere in the US. A reasonable offer ($35K-delivered) or possible trade would be considered. See avatar...

B3.3T

The British military is presently releasing many more 432s in the UK. Nice ones can be had there for less than $14,000. Shipping to the States for about $5K. But, here in the States, these are considered oversized, hence special shipping permits for each state.

As stated, they are cheap because of supply and demand. It is an oversized, 26,000 lbs tracked vehicle. Hard to store, hard to haul, very hard to rescue if needed, at least for most people.

Stalwart

The British military is presently releasing many more 432s in the UK. Nice ones can be had there for less than $14,000. Shipping to the States for about $5K. But, here in the States, these are considered oversized, hence special shipping permits for each state.

As stated, they are cheap because of supply and demand. It is an oversized, 26,000 lbs tracked vehicle. Hard to store, hard to haul, very hard to rescue if needed, at least for most people.
Hence why I like my Scorpion so much. I can haul it around on a trailer behind my F450.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks