• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ferret owners..chime in here and give me some advice

kcimb

ALright.

I found a ferret, a mk 2/3, NON running condition for 12,000 USD in mid-Virginia. The vehicle is in fair condition, it supposedly needs some work (body and engine) to get running.

Ferret owners, please visit the link to my photo album to see the vehicle in question.

My opinion is that there ain't a chance in heck that the vehicle, in present condition, is worth 12k$. 8k, maybe.

Chime in and let me know.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Ferret

The sellers is Allan Coors, a collectors of armor, one of the biggest on the East Coast. Some other Steel Soldiers have bought from him too, and done well. ArmyMan30Years+ is one of them, bought a 5-ton tractor from him eariler this year.

Anyways, I agree - $12K for a non-running but restorable Ferret is a little high, but I think he lists them high in order for others to work him down to what he really wants.

davesgmc

if it wont take much to get running, its prolly worth 10-ish?

the fuel lines will be plugged up, batteries dead, the norm for a ferret relased from the MOD.

kcimb

Holy thread revival batman....

There's a member who here lives not too far away and he said he'd take some more photos if he's down that way.
davesgmc said:
if it wont take much to get running, its prolly worth 10-ish?

the fuel lines will be plugged up, batteries dead, the norm for a ferret relased from the MOD.
Doesn't sound too hard to fix (And if I can't fix it there's always Ferret Heaven!) I emailed the seller and asked them about it and they said it hadn't been started in a few years but was moved there under it's own power...like a lot of ferrets.

kcimb

davesgmc said:
go ahead and get it, send it to me. I will get it up and going, you just pay for the parts.
You know, KC ain't too far from Dallas....

Dave, what do you use to move yours around? 3/4 ton truck and trailer? Gooseneck?

davesgmc

no, i use a 4.2 litre rolls royce engine................

i drive it everywhere! I dont tow it or haul it, its not a trailer queen, its a driver. Thats why I bought it. I fought and got tags on it and I sure am gonna get use out of them.

kcimb

davesgmc said:
no, i use a 4.2 litre rolls royce engine................

i drive it everywhere! I dont tow it or haul it, its not a trailer queen, its a driver. Thats why I bought it. I fought and got tags on it and I sure am gonna get use out of them.
I'm planning on driving mine, but for long distance hauls you can bet I'll use a truck to save wear on the ferret (and gas).

And partly because I need a reason for an m211 or m35...

kcimb

davesgmc said:
canadian mk1 on ebay in florida,,,looks like a good resto project
I already saw that earlier and talked to the seller....I don't have the time to full restore it. It's beyond my abilites, although I DID ask Intl Depo about it...

kcimb

davesgmc said:
Pat Eagan has one for sale too, it is Bob Hils old ferret from minnesota,,,very nice and ready to go.
Was the one on ebay the really rough one or was it primered red?

Found one in need of work for 7500$...I will be getting this if the seller is willing to wait a little while until I get back from PI and MOS school.

kcimb

davesgmc said:
the one on ebay was rough, looked to be original green paint. it appeard to be a good resto project. it was canadian also
The one I am going to get is a mk1, maybe canadian, no original paint though.

Dave,

Since you're pretty knowledgeable on ferrets, what's the major difference between mk1 hulls and mk2 hulls?

I do plan on converting the mk1 to a mk1/2...Are there any differences between the mk1 and mk 1/2 other than the turret/open top and possibly generator/alternator?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks