• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 Carb

Knottofs

On the M715’s Carb, after rebuilding the Carb, is the idle –mixture needle backed out about a turn and a ½? Any suggestions on a different carb? Thanks, Nate

Barrman

1-1/2 turns is a good place to start the truck up, let it warm up and then start to fine tune from.

A 2 barrel carb from a FSJ along with its manifold would be a real good alternative. But, then your air filter won't fit anymore.

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahhh! My M-715 has a 2 barrel carb and a different manifold. So it is a FSJ part! Was wondering about that. Anyone have any experience with the 2 barrel on the M-715. Mine seems to run rich, by smell only since I have no other way to tell. It is/was a new carb as it has no signs of dirt or crud.

bcowanwheels

A CIVY 230 Engine is a higher compression engine than the military 230. swaping the civy. 2 bbl carb & intake is common with the mv croud but you have to re-jet the carb and lean it down a little to get the proper fuel-air ratio correct. IMO the stock 1 bbl carb is best suited for the m715 family of engine. also a way to check if yours is running rich is poor fuel milage, back sooted up exhaust pipe. on one of my engines i installed civy pistons ( higher compressin ratio ) along with the 2 bbl carb & intake. works good but really couldnt tell a difference in hp or torque.
hope this helps a little
bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks