• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics from Toys for Tots kick-off

67Beast

I had been contacted by the local Marine unit, Alpha Co, 1st Bat, 24th Marines, 4th Marine Div. about bringing one of my military trucks down to their depot for the kick-off to their Toys for Tots campaign. Having worked with them before for the color guard at the Silver Lake Military Vehicle show, I said yes, but I don't have any Marine marked vehicles. No problem. I made a set of USMC markings for my truck and laid them on pieces of paint mask material that I had painted with some 24087 I had. It worked really well and most nobody even noticed the overlays. Once over they peeled up easily without any damage to the army markings underneath. And although the truck still had stars and a few other army specific markings, no one knew any different. After I dropped the truck off at their squad bay they filled the bed with toys and added Santa to hold onto the 50 cal on top. I unfortunately didn't have an opportunity to get a pic with all the toys and Santa.

Attachments

67Beast

Thanks, guys, it's great to be able to use these vehicles to help events around the local communities. The Marines were all excited when I got there to deliever the truck. They all wanted to climb in and have thier picture taken with the 50 cal. I told them no problem, have fun and get all the pics you want, just respect the truck as you would a retired fellow combat Marine.

N1265

Thats Great..... The markings came out well. I was in the 1/24 4th MarDiv. in the late '80s Thanks for helping them out !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks