• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M5 High Speed Tractor

Iyaayas184

I am working on an M5 high speed tractor for a local museum and need to find some parts. Is there anyone out there that is a good source for M5 stuff. I need front doors, rear grates that go either side of the radiator(this one has a Detroit Diesel installed) the rear grates are in the mirror position of the front doors except in the back. I also need a canopy as this one was cut off and scrapped by the previous expert owner :x I am also in need of a couple items from the running gear that I am not sure of the nomenclature on.
The item is in the center of the attached picture and seems to be a dampener of some sort to maybe keep tension on the rear wheel. Would a Stuart part work for this also? I need both of them (one for each side). I also need a windshield and frame. I also need a latch to lock the left fron light in position and both rear light sets. In fact I really need all new lights all around. The tractor is in very good condition structurally, mechanically is questionable but it starts in the cold and drives well eventually after it has warmed up considerably. It really isn't a bad vehicle but has had some bastardized mods over the years I am trying to fix.

Thank You for any help!
Robert

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sam Winer in OH lists high speed tractors and parts in their ads in Military Vehicles Magazine. They might be able to help you out. I would love to see some pics of the whole tractor. I had tossed the idea of getting a M2 a while back.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Despite having done a book specifically on High Speed Tractors - I don't remember if Stuart parts will interchange.

Kevin Kronlund in Spooner Wisconsin has a parts high speed tractor - I don't remember if it was a M5 or a M4.

Same holds true for Liberty Restorations in Iowa. Both advertise in MVM - and I think contact info is listed in their on-line directory.

Hope this helps!

David Doyle

wgtactical

Make sure you get photos and accurate description of the parts before they are sent, AND inventory the package on receipt of the parts. I didnt have a very pleasant experience with them (to say the least) :oops:

Iyaayas184

Pictures of the M5 I am working on

Here are the pictures of the M5 I am working on.

Attachments

Elwenil

RE: Pictures of the M5 I am working on

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the part pictured that you are looking for is the actual coil spring part of the suspension. It's a flat metal coil spring similar in design to what was used on other tracked vehicles of the era.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks