• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Memphis Equipment M715 For Sale

wayoffroad

Located in Dover NH
This 1967 M715 was originally purchased from Memphis Equipment by a local forestry dept. It has 915 miles on it!

Memphis Equipment options added are as follows:
Power Steering
Power Brakes
12 volt wiring system
90 Amp Att

Other options include hard cab and heater and new wheel cylinders and Master cylinder.
This truck is a cream puff and is all set to go and even has the original manual from memphis equipment.

$12500 or best reasonable offer.

Call Tom 603-817-5824
Link to more Photos
http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/wayoffroad/Brownholes M715/

Attachments

67Beast

I don't want to sound like an azz, but that is way overpriced. I've seen trucks of the same calliber go for about half that asking price. Heck I would be hard pressed to get $12,500 for my fully restored 715. And I can't believe it only has 915 total miles on it. Sure maybe since the Memphis rebuild, but not total miles.

Welcome, but you might really want to rethink that asking price.

wayoffroad

No, I don't think you sound like an azz jumping in on a for sale thread and saying it's way overpriced. People love that.

What is it that you think makes your restored 715 worth more than this one? This is as clean as any restored vehicle I have ever seen, and has been meticulously gone through.

M-37Bruce

Memphis is always a little/lot higher, but the product is as advertised, high quality workmanship in a timely fashion. I gotta agree, it does seem a little $$?
JMHO,
:ditto:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one thing I would say that makes Dave's truck as valuable is the fact that he can show you pics of every step of the restoration. Every single thing was done by him and documented. Other than that, your truck may be overpriced for someone but ultimatley there is a person that would pay that price for a truck that nice. Everything is only worth what someone is willing to pay. You can always lower the price in the event that sales are going slow. Dave's experience and mine too is just what we've seen selling in the market place.

M-37Bruce

Basically, its worth what someone is willing to pay? But the X Jeep, we are talking apples & oranges,the Jeep is only a few y/o, diesel powered yada-yada!
Someone will likely buy the M-715 fire truck & be quite happy with it & it's price? aua

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Military vehicles are collectable, but not THAT collectable. The most I have ever seen a REALLY nice M715 series truck sell for was $8500. There are some of that series out there that fetch more, but are very modified and custom jobs, that would command more no matter what model they were.

When I get my Gumby M725 project done, and looking nice, I'd be thrilled to sell it for $6,500. But it will probably sell for less than that.

Dieselsmoke

I think it's time to end the for sale posts and put them in the nice classifieds section we have here. Just my 2 pesos..

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
ACE! Welcome to the 725 family :D . Is yours able to be restored? My body was in perfect shape, but the back had been visited by a sawz-all. Mine is just a toy now.

67Beast

2 things really stood out too me other then the red paint. 1 reproduction tailgate ( missing the JEEP stamping in it). Clean orginal tailgates are hard to find making them more desireable. 2 missing B/O light on hood. Well, the lights are easy to find, but the special angled mounting plate that fits the curve of the 715 hood is hard to come by. There are some people who are making repo's, but they aren't as good of quality of the original ones.

What is it that you think makes your restored 715 worth more than this one? This is as clean as any restored vehicle I have ever seen, and has been meticulously gone through.
I do happen to have the antique vehicle appraisal where the truck was rated as an A- on the collector car scale and given a declaired value of $15,000. Does that mean I could ever get $15,000 for it. Hell no. I would be happy if I could break even with what I have into it. ( which is under $10,000)

I was trying to give you a heads up that trying to hock a military vehicle on a military vehicle website where most people have a fairly good idea of the true value of vehicles that you might want to do a bit of research first to figure out what vehicles of similar condition are going for.

$12,500 :lol: What a way to cheer up a cold snowy sunday for me.

nattieleather

IMHO a restored M715 will be worth more than a modified M715 espically as time marches on. There are so many M715 that have been modified, butchered etc. V8 Chevy motors, 4BTs, this motor that motor, this trans that trans etc etc. Stereos, seats, 12Volts etc etc....that the restored unmodified M715 will be worth more than those trucks ever will be. And it will be harder and harder over time to restore those trucks back to original.

Your truck is purtty, but to MV collectors it's screwed up and not worth the price your asking for. IMHO you'll be doing very good if you got $8000 for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks