• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

715 come and get it....

sermis

Last month I was at a local military show. I was one of about 25 people that went. I was talking to a MVPA member from Austin Texas. I had gone there in my M725. He tells me he knows where there was a M715 frame, cab. Said the bed had been cut for a fire truck. He got me the contact information. Come on and get it, we also have the title to go with it. Today off I went to Bastrop Texas. Pulled up and looked at it. Well it's not a M715. It's no longer a M725. I got it home, rigged a jumper from the deuce, poured some gas in the carb. AFTER A QUICK FIRE, man an air filter with gas can burn. Turned it over a few times and it started right up. I will change the oil and filter tomarrow and try it again.

Kind of a M715 / M725 / M37

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Awesome
I love to see this kind of blessing come the way of a fellow Steel Soldier. I have gotten trucks for as little as one dollar but free is the best you can do.

Cant wait to see this project come along

sermis

Well is is alive. I changed the oil. It had a lot of gas in it. Stock pump had been bypassed. I have not checked the tank yet. Running off a gas can. Fired it up, disconnected the jumper. All lights work except for the rt rear running light. Drove under it's own power. Oil holds 40-45 psi at idle, 60 at rpm. Rt front and Lt rear wheels were frozen. With the pop of the clutch it started to moce and then the wheels were turnning. I made a couple rounds in the back yard in the dark.

kinetichotshot

Awesome! I wish I could find a deal like that! I had a 1977 J-20 that I picked up for $500 years ago, stupidly I let my brother take it, and alas i have never seen it again! I think I want a 715 next! if anyone runs across one cheap to free, let me know! (and I just went through Bastrop the other day with room on the trailer!!!>>>)
Laterz,
Gator

steelandcanvas

Re: RE: 715 come and get it....

sermis said:
Well is is alive. I changed the oil. It had a lot of gas in it. Stock pump had been bypassed. I have not checked the tank yet. Running off a gas can. Fired it up, disconnected the jumper. All lights work except for the rt rear running light. Drove under it's own power. Oil holds 40-45 psi at idle, 60 at rpm. Rt front and Lt rear wheels were frozen. With the pop of the clutch it started to moce and then the wheels were turnning. I made a couple rounds in the back yard in the dark.
YEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!! :D

Blood_of_Tyrants

RE: Re: RE: 715 come and get it....

Fire in the wrong place has a way of getting your moving really quick. They ought to use that in the Olympics or something.

sermis

I did not know I could still run. Good thing is the only loss was the air filter. Everything else was gas on the motor and did not hurt anything.

5tonjeepman

Hi.....

I live in NH, if anyone close to me sees or knows of a M715 kaiser would you let me know, please?? I would love one, free or less would be perfect.. Let the OLD IRON ROLL!! E-mail: guner133@yahoo.com.. Thank You so much..

Speedy

nice truck, cant beat that price ;)
wow lots of use guys want a M715, put me on the list to! :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks