• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LAV-300 gets WGTi mods

wgtactical

Mostly cosmetics, and there are a few gadgets on the table that has not been firmed up yet. The agencies fleet personnel are taking care of the breaching accessories and the drive train.

The M114s came from different places, internet and word of mouth. The one that now looks the best was also the one in worse shape when we got it. Also, only one of the M114s will be going back original.

The V100 was just purchased, and there are a few projects ahead of it.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I love what WGT does for the LEO and others that need these vehicles the last M113 was HOT! You can see the digital paint job in the gallery shot.

Yes please keep up the post with updated picts

alphadeltaromeo

I've had the opportunity to ride in their work...it's fantastic quite frankly. The attention to detail is wonderful. I'm looking forward to the mods!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Absolutely awesome. As always your work is par excellence and I know we all like to look at your work.

Thanks again for what you do for the Police departments to protect the LEO's from harm when tangling with bad bad guys

DMgunn

These projects are fun to follow, seeing what could be done to something I would love to own (especially the V100), but could never justify - of all the places for these vehicles to end up, your shop (and ultimately an LE agency) is really the best-case-scenario.

Seems odd to have the springs on the rear axles angled forward like that - I would think the ride quality/parts longevity would be improved with them angled to the rear...anyone know if they were set up that way because of some packaging issue (very short control arms?), or is there actually a benefit that I haven't thought of?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice.
Any chance of some more interior shots? I am going to have to enjoy this one from afar as the prospect of seeing one in person is, unfortunately, quite slim.
Cheers.

wgtactical

Hello Andy. I understand that it's a 6 cyl V. with an Allison trans. Both were already removed when it was here, but I was told that it is a "supercharged diesel" engine. If you are out this way, I have a video that was taken on it's first trial run.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks