• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 based KIA's..

gunhog11

Re: RE: M715 based KIA

gimpyrobb said:
Yeah, not "real" us military trucks if you ask me.
Maybe not US made, just built under license; no different than KF-16s built over there in Pusan, Korea by Daewoo; or F-4 Phantoms built under license in Japan by Mitsubishi. You wouldn't call those not-real F-16s and F-4s? I'd consider these Korean 715 looking vehicles far more military than those US 880 series Dodges are.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: RE: M715 based KIA

Nah, everything is different. Different truck as far as I'm concerned. I can take a deuce bed off a deuce and put it on a C-60. Would you call it a deuce?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd love to have one of those REAL Kia trucks.

If you put a C60 motor in a M725, does it make it a C60?

:lol:

gunhog11

Re: RE: Re: RE: M715 based KIA

gimpyrobb said:
Nah, everything is different. Different truck as far as I'm concerned. I can take a deuce bed off a deuce and put it on a C-60. Would you call it a deuce?
They're pretty much the same, minus the engine and drive train....maybe a little asthetic. Same with the 5-tons they're running over there, 800-series knockoffs but with a different motor/drivetrain. Not 100% the same, but more or less. All in all, no different than a deuce produced by Kaiser vs one produced by AM General so far as comparing US models one-for-one. With the aforementioned aircraft, pretty much the same as a plane, but of course varying/differing avionics and capabilities. Even the F-4K model Phantom flown by the RAF; removed the GE J79 engines, and replaced with Rolls Royce Spey, with different radar and armament, was still very much a Phantom.

Pretty much boils down to a purist/non-purist argument....tomato/tomawto.

It's no different than those 35A2 folks that claim an A3 isn't a real deuce, simply because it got a modded hood, relocated headlights, a new motor, CTIS, power steering, and a few other add ons.

beaubeau

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: M715 based KIA

You know guys, I got an old logging truck 1069 GMC9500 with 671 Detroit, ant the cab is in real bad shape. In fact every time I shift gears the cab Rotates around about 6inches. Weel any I got a couple Deuces and I measured the frame and both the Deuce and the GMC. Samey Same width!! I have already measured to cut both frames and weld the Deuce cab and running gear to the back of the GMC!!! All I need is a pto to run the Hydrolics. This will make me a good inexpensive Log Truck!! moral of the story, The measurments of american built trucks are bassically all the Same!!!

Staffsargent

KIA military trucks

After the US pulled out of Vietnam, and we left all our military vehicles there. When the trucks broke down the Vietnam goverment started making their own parts. KIA motor started in Vietnam. They fitted their parts with the US trucks.

gunhog11

Re: KIA military trucks

Staffsargent said:
After the US pulled out of Vietnam, and we left all our military vehicles there. When the trucks broke down the Vietnam goverment started making their own parts. KIA motor started in Vietnam. They fitted their parts with the US trucks.
Interesting info, didn't know that. Learn something new everyday

jodka

John (a.k.a. Staffsargent) wrote:

Wikpedia says:
South Korea's oldest car company, Kia was founded in 1944 as manufacturer of steel tubing and bicycles.
KIA was founded in Korea before the Vietnam War, not in Vietnam after that war.

- Allen

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks