• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for more M41 Walker Bulldog parts

LanceRobson

Hello All

Spent part of the afternoon with Jack Gregory tinkering with various power pack components.

The upshot of the visit is that he wants me to ask if anyone knows where to find:

An engine wiring harness for a Continental 895.

A hull wiring harness.

A turret wiring harness.

A "jumper" harness to mate the power pack and hull for bench testing.

Carbon brushes for the starter motor and generator.

A freshly restored M41 or M41A1 to paint his bumper number on (my idea, not his)

The tank had a lot years of third world maintenance performed on it and the wiring is pretty cobbled up. Some Cannon connectors are cracked.

He'd rather replace everything than be nickled and dimed. Sure as hell pulling the pack every time something out of reach needs fixed or spliced is not a happy prospect.

Any help with parts, boneyards or dealers would be most helpful.

Thanks

Lance

deuceman51

you definately have to post some pics of that project. Where did you get a M41? I would love to get ahold of an older tank. I'll bet my checkbook can't support that wish though.

LanceRobson

The M41 is Jack's.

It's a Central America bring-back.

I know it's too rich for my finances.

Household 6 is a pretty good pistolero and if I tried to buy something like this it's even money as to whether she'd shoot me or give me a vasectomy with a weedeater.

I'll ask if he's got any problem with posting pics.

jatonka

Jack is a NY-Penn member since way back and has a beautiful collection of Vietnam era US military vehicles. His M123 10 ton tractor and M172 trailer are his pride and joy toters for the M41 Walker Bulldog. We are fortunate to have another NY-Penn member, Jack Pollard who also has an M41 Walker Bulldog. His is not quite running yet, but it will be. I also have several Bulldog tanks, most run and operate, some need track work,..... All are REMCO from the 1960s, remember them boys? JT out :roll:

packman

Gentlemen may swap parts if interested ? Im after a late muzzle brake (T piece that scews on end of barrel) and azmuth indicator for my 41A1.

Send NSN numbers and I will scratch around for wirining harnesses.

I am a collector not a dealer so not in it to screw anyone just here to help if I can. (sorry if any dealers take offence but I shoot from the hip)

cheers.

jkftl

I am doing a nasty AOS895 (second one) but it may run one day, SOON. I am discovering that many AV1790 parts are similar and can be adapted. 895 parts are just about evaporated, though I will chat with Red River. The 895 is looking sharper after 30 MH and I have the special 'barring' tool. If I must 'sawzall' the spark plug tubes, so be it...the b-nuts are heavily wasted and rusted solid. I have accumulated some knowledge on the big Conti. gas engines and can answer many questions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks