• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gumby M725 needs to go...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I regret to do this, but I have too many irons in the fire, too many project and too little time. I'd rather find it a good home now before it sits too much longer.

1967 Kaiser-Jeep M725 ambulance - less than 16,000 miles on original engine. It runs well, does not burn oil. No cancer or body rot - the only spots that had any were the floor pans, and I have replaced them. Cab has been sanded and primed, awaiting paint. Exterior requires sanding, priming and paint. I have rebuilt and replaced the following components:

new plugs
rebuilt distributor with new coil, points, cap
new alternator
new air cleaner assembly
new hoses
new stainless steel vent lines and fuel lines
new belts
rebuilt fuel pump
restored/relined fuel tank
rebuilt water pump
recored radiator
new exhaust pipes
new muffler
new turn signal harness and switch
new metal front turn signal lamps/housings
new rear Gama Goat style brake lamps/housings
rebuilt driveshaft w/new U-joints
new stainless steel brake lines
new wheel cylinders
new master cylinder
new brake shoes
new brake springs/clips/etc.
new voltage gauge
new 24volt batteries
4 90% tread Michelin XL 11.00x16 tires mounted on truck
1 60% tread Michelin XL 11.00x16 tire spare
new front bumper
new lifting shackles and pins
rebuilt Federal 24volt siren
new windshield
new wiper arms/blades
new rear ambulance window glass
new seat canvas and cushion foam
new manuals from Portrayal Press

Everything else works, the tranny, transfer case, axles, wiper motors, guages, horn, everything. Needs the gas pedal and mount installed, I have those parts. Most of the bolts, when I replaced them, were replaced with stainless. Comes with the proper litter racks and mounts, the interior compartment door, the side compartment door, front valence, lights, all the stock pieces I have. Also comes with 4 new litters, lots of spare parts, 2 gas can mounts, 2 fuel cans, a lot of medical equipment for the final product, and of course, a clean VA title. All you have to do is bolt up the rest of the parts, sand prime and paint, and she will roll again! Would like $2500 for the whole shebang, I probably have $1K more than that in parts and a fortune in my labor. Would like it to go to a nice home.

Attachments

Opie

I know how hard you've worked...sorry it has to go.

Bring it and a tow bar to the rally in Harrisonburg and I can tell Mrs. Opie, "It followed me home. Can I keep it?"

Regretfully, I've been told I'm a one MV man...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I understand, Peter. Ambulances take a special kind of owner, there aren't many who really scream out "MAN I REALLY WANT AN AMBULANCE!".

I forgot to add, I have new data plates, all new complete set of stencils and decals from Rick Larsen, and 4 gallons of Gillespie 24087 to go with the package.

carmen

Man I am sorry that you have to do that. I have been working on my M715 and it is coming along great - would love to have a set of tires like yours on my truck.

Good Luck

Carmen

Michael

That is a good deal. Wish I had the extra money. But, I already have two. I probably should add that to my signature.

kysar

Hey that's my dream truck! Would you take a 96 subaru outback with leather interior in trade? If not I think we can work some thing out if you can give me some time. I've been looking for the right m725 for several years. I own an auto repair shop in the colorado rockies at 9000ft and it would definely be well cared for and well loved. e-mail me @ kysarsplace@hotmail.com or call 303-582-3566 days or 303-582-0585 in the evenings. just ask for KYSAR (kI-zar)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love to take you up on a trade, kysar, but I've already got too many vehicles in the stable, and adding another one won't help matters. Plus, I'm in kinda a bind with some bills, need the $$$ to pay them off.

The good news is I have a few interested parties in the -725, one in NC, one in OH, one in MD, and now apparently one in CO! Glad there are so many interested people who are looking for an ambulance. They are not the MV for everyone...

kysar

IF IT WAS JUNE I WOULD BE ON MY WAY. I GUESS THAT IS THE LUCK OF THE DRAW. I JUST CANT MUSTER UP THE CASH RIGHT NOW ): I AM SHURE THAT SOME LUCKY GUY WILL TAKE IT OFF YOUR HANDS BEFORE I CAN. IF BY SOME REASON I CAN PULL IT OFF I WILL CONTACT YOU AGAIN BUT MY WIFE SAID NOT YET.

kysar

IF YOU SELL IT LET ME KNOW BECAUSE I MIGHT HAVE A BUYER FOR MY SUBARU. MY WIFE MIGHT KILL ME BUT IT SOUNDS WORTH IT TO ME. DOES IT RUN? COULD I DRIVE IT TO COLORADO? "KEEP IN MIND I AM A MASTER MECHANIC" ANY IDEA WHAT IT MIGHT COST TO SHIP IT TO DENVER? IT WOULD TAKE ME 2 1/2 DAYS TO GET THERE AND 3 1/2 BACK IF I DRIVE MY TRUCK AND BRING A TRAILER AND THAT MIGHT COST THE SAME AS SHIPING IT BUT I DON'T REALY HAVE A CLUE IN THAT AREA. IF I DRIVE I WILL BRING 3500 CASH. I JUST TALKED TO THE GUY THAT WANTS MY CAR SO NOW IT IS UP TO HIM I GUESS.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just lowered the price to $2500. I need this to go, the bills are piling up and this would save me some headache.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well she left today for her new home near Charlotte, NC, Tony Casey picked her up and plans to complete the restoration. Gumby has fought me tooth and nail at every turn, and the sale day was no different - plenty of fuel, plenty of battery charge, and the motor was turning over but she just didn't want to start. Both of us were staring at her, not knowing why, except that she was giving us a hard time. Oh well, perhaps she will like her new home better than mine.

Not sure why I'm so sentimental toward her, it was the first vehicle I bought to play with, to bring back from the dead, and I did just about that. I just had to pay the bills, and I couldn't give her a proper paint job without having a decent garage. Glad Tony will be making her complete.

Happy trails, Gumby!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks