• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Abrams electronic panel puller?

aboonski

I bought a bunch of these off of a guy today who said they were used to pull electronic control modules out of the Abrams tank - I probably spelled that wrong too! I just thought they were neat looking but did I get taken to the cleaners on these things? I really don't have much in them at all so it's no big deal. I'll probably make "grab bars" out of them for my deuce!

Attachments

aboonski

Grab Bars

Actually I was only joking but if I did want to make grab bars out of these, I could easily do it. I don't know how much weight they could handle because they are made of aluminum - probably aircraft grade knowing the government and their specifications. I do a lot of tinkering in my spare time and would dismantle these things and find some stainless bolts that would slip inside of the tubing and go from there. Here's something I just accomplished with a bad Dewalt battery for instance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UQ-5QP9pks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks