• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Distributors on M715 and M37

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are they the same? I thought they were, but I sold a spare distributor from a M715 on eBay, the buyer got it for his M37 and he says it doesn't fit - the shaft is too long. ???

Barrman

I think the cap, rotor, coil and cover are the same on the M37, M715 adn M35 Gasser. The bottom of the housing and the shaft and probably the gears are different. At least that is how it looked to me when I look at the M715 one on an engine on one side of my shop, walk across the floor to the Gasser and look at it and then drive to work and look at the M37 one that was here.

I suppose we could look up all three in the -34P manuals and compare part numbers too.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So is there anything definitive out there? Can someone verify whether the two are different or not? I know the internals are the same, since I replaced the coil, points, rotor and cap in them, but the exterior?

Help guys?

gwalker

The m-37 dist. is different the shafts are at least, the M-37 actually had 2 diff dist's the earliest trucks didnt have the ignition noise filter inside so the housing where the dist wire connected was different.

m376x6

The distributors between the M37 and the M715 are different and will not interchange. Various components will, cap, points, coil, but not the shaft. This would have to be replaced for the appropriate engine.

Regards,
M376X6

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks