• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CAN YOU PUT A CHEVY 572 IN A M715?

CCATLETT1984

RE: CAN YOU PUT A CHEVY 752 IN A M715?

I would assume he means the 572cubic inch, big block chevy :drool:

i bet you have to swap the motor mount out even if they dont have to be relocated, since you are "cross-breeding" (installing a different make engine into the chassis)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

Nope, spicergear(Tom) figured out that you can use a plate of steel with 2 bolt holes for the 715 and then the 3 bolt holes for the Chevy motor. The plates have been used by MANY over at the 715zone, and its nifty that you can use them to move the motor forward or backward. The original plates he made compeeted at TTC.

Barrman

Stock frame mounts on the truck, stock 230 rubber mounts to a 1/4" plate that bolts to the 3 Chevy motor mount bolts. Tom did his this way and I copied it for my 396. Works great.

You know that a 572 is really kind of overkill for the M715, right? 1310 u-joints and 40 year old axles rated about the same as todays D44's won't last long if you use all that torque. Build it however you want, but you might want to think about transmissions, t-cases, u-joints, drive shafts and axles.

Elwenil

Cooling is no big deal if you use an aftermarket aluminum radiator. The stock radiator can't cool much more than a stock small block V8.

FLASHMAN

Can you put a chevy 572 in a M715 with out moving the motor mounts?
You can do anything you want if you have the money....

I can't imagine why you'd put such a huge expensive motor in this vehicle though...

For the money you'll pay for that engine alone, you could probably do a 4BT/4500/205, with new ring and pinion, lockers, and a partridge in a pear tree... :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks