• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M113s For Sale

Elwenil

Comex International was founded by the Wilson family with 40 years of salvage experience. The founder and CEO, Charlie Wilson, was also founder of SeaRail International Inc., a traditional salvage services company; founder and CEO of SalvageSale, another online commercial salvage company; and co-founder and President of Tanks for Schools, a non-profit designed to bring education programs to children in impoverished countries by salvaging weapons of war.
Apparently a US company based in Huston, but they have offices in S. America, Europe, and one in Dubai UAE.

Floyd

Very Interesting…….No paper work. I spoke with Tim Nguyen and they were in fact abandoned. He did mention they had an e-mail from the Army (which one) that said they were released for sale. Both are on the same bid and it ends the 9th, with no minimum bid. He was told they did run when they were first brought in and had not been stripped.

Floyd

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Comex is a legitimate international logistics firm, and this sounds like it might be the real deal. HOWEVER, I would get a LOT of documentation and follow up on EVERYTHING before I'd make any bids. PLUS, I would make them contingent bids, i.e. you agree to pay X dollars for the item, provided the seller guarantees the delivery and legality of the merchandise. Perhaps submit the money you wish to bid to a escrow account of your choosing, and if all works out, the money will be released from escrow.

Just an idea...

I Think and i minght be wrong but they have to be demiled if they stay here in the usa because they were going to egypt for ther army and the way are gov is so worred about us geting or hands on one now they may come and take them back then you are out of the money you put in to them

Barrman

How many of you saw or at least thought about seing the Tom Hanks movie "Charie Wilson's War?" Wonder if that is the same man?

Floyd

Imho, they are legit. Whoever owned them had more money than brains. Most likely they thought they could just ship them to Egypt and be done with it. Obviously unable to garner an export license and just gave up. MadDawg had a very good idea, if they go for it.

Floyd

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
It sounds legit but I would be forewarned that the Federal Government would most likely watch this like a hawk or should I say eagle. If the wrong folks get in as president it might be sparrow or crow.

steelandcanvas

maddawg308 said:
Comex is a legitimate international logistics firm, and this sounds like it might be the real deal. HOWEVER, I would get a LOT of documentation and follow up on EVERYTHING before I'd make any bids. PLUS, I would make them contingent bids, i.e. you agree to pay X dollars for the item, provided the seller guarantees the delivery and legality of the merchandise. Perhaps submit the money you wish to bid to a escrow account of your choosing, and if all works out, the money will be released from escrow.

Just an idea...
Mike, I think you're right on the money with that post.

Anybody want to go in one together?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks