• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Save me from the tourch m75 apc

philinmt

I have a running( 5 years ago) m75 apc 97% all there, light demil. Ran good 5 years ago with one mag not firing. Unit is in Missoula, Mt. With scrap hitting 500 ton west coast ,there is a very good chance this will go,( 20 ton at 500 ton less 60 to ship it will bring more for scrap) but I hate to cut it up. First 7500.00 will buy it and I will HELP load :?

Blythewoodjoe

I hate to high jack a thread, but 10 years ago when I hauled a lot of scrap in the form of old AC units we had removed, steel was bringing $20.00 a ton here in South Carolina. Are you guys telling me it has went up to $500.00 a ton out west? I know around here it has went threw the roof, but that's a big jump. I wonder what the Chinese tanks and bombs that will come back to us in a few years will looks like? (Sorry, I like to think of myself as a WW2 historian and was wondering if history was about to repeat itself)

Seco scrapped several dozen M75s about 2 years ago because nobody was buying but the scrap yard. It seams those of us that want stuff don’t have the money. I wish you where closer and I had money :(

papercu

Scrap

will come back to us in a few years will looks like
Probably won't have to come to that, they will just foreclosed on the U.S. all nice and legal like.

But if History does repeat itself, it will be us attacking China. One of the theory about Japan attacking us was because we put a embargo on their getting more oil.
While China couldn't put a embargo on the U.S. I could see our powers-that-be may move to stop the increasing use of oil in China. Wayne

http://www.jref.com/culture/Japan_WWII_Asian_hegemony.shtml

turnerman

Scrap steel is 10.50 per hundred pounds in Greenville sc. The money is a nice income ,but I am afraid of the repercussions from chinese military?

Blythewoodjoe

RE: Scrap

I don't remember which European country it was, but I recall a war time poster of a German tank rolling over a hill and some thing written about the scrap the country sold to the Germans "coming back" to them. I have a great memory about everything but the details, which makes for some very poor stories. I didn't realize until recently that the U.S. sold so much scrap to the Japanese. I don't know why I worry, it seems each generation has to learn from experience, not a study of history.

Joe "grumpy" Trapp

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
RE: Scrap

To get back on track

philinmt

I think posting some photos of the vehicle from all angles and the engine compartment and interior would help. I for one am looking for a reasonably priced piece of armor to start on. Was hoping for an armored car or halftrack but an M75 might do.

Thanks

Flatlander

But if History does repeat itself, it will be us attacking China
I read the article you linked to. Here's a quote from it:

Some historians argue that the USA pushed Japan into declaring war on them. But could the Japanese military expansionism have stopped had the US taken conciliatory measures ? That is probably interesting to discuss in the context of the war in Iraq and against terrorism undertaken by the US at the moment. Did the Bush administration provoke the Muslim world to incite them to attack the US on September 11 ? Is history repeating itself ? Are American leaders playing with fire or are they really acting in the name of democracy and freedom ? Nice debate in perspective.

I hope this isn't a perspective shared by many. It certainly isn't by me.

sermis

20 tons at ($210 per ton) ($0.105 per hundred) = $4,200. That is not taking out for cutting up and shipping. Unless you are have a scrap yard yourself I cant see scrap bring $0.25 per hundred.

philinmt

math 101

18 ton 500.00 long ton= 9000.00 (110%more than us ton ). shipping fob west coast- 66.00 long ton=1122.00 so it will net 7888.00 less 200.00 for gas and a days work. If this was not a nice piece it would be gone.I have met a lot of guys that say thay wish it was the good old days when you could buy this stuff before the scrap man got it.Well now is the time to act dont bitch that thay are none around because the scrap man junked all of them. I want the acp saved but I am not going backwards on the deal as I have saved this for 15 years and I now want the space. Seams the old gal is going to end up in china unless someone steps up and saves it...Phil in Mt :( :(

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: math 101

Stop talking scrap metal. If you scrap military vehicles, your worthless butt doesn't belong on this board. We're about saving vehicles here, not making a quick buck with a torch.

Oh, and on the M75,

nopics

citizensoldier

RE: math 101

It was up to $315 a ton here and has dropped to about $245 a ton.. So far I have seen a M215, CCKW, 1 ton chevy, and a M37 meet there end.. This is just what I have seen and only 3 months worth.. Sad days for old OD iron..

Dieselsmoke

Re: RE: math 101

maddawg308 said:
Stop talking scrap metal. If you scrap military vehicles, your worthless butt doesn't belong on this board. We're about saving vehicles here, not making a quick buck with a torch.

Oh, and on the M75,

nopics
Yeah, that's why half the people on this board are bobbing their deuces :roll:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: math 101

Hey, I'm not here to talk scrap or about the Chinese.

I just want to see pictures of his armor so I can determine IF I want to buy it or not.

Please, post pictures and let me make a determination if it is worth me taking leave, hopping on a plane and flying to MT.

Thank you very much.

medlog.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: math 101

Dieselsmoke said:
maddawg308 said:

Oh, and on the M75,

nopics
Yeah, that's why half the people on this board are bobbing their deuces :roll:
At least that saves the purdy part.

;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks