• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M725 for sale - Texas

Sarge

Well, I'm kind of confused (nothing new there) about exactly where I should post this, so here it is. If this is the wrong place, oh well, better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission.
I just posted this on the 715 zone, but I know this is a wider audience, are you ready?
Here we go!

Okay, here's the scoop. Old guy calls me, he's too old to work on it anymore.
It's an M725 painted MERDC and covered with that sticky stuff that falls off of trees. Sap?
The motor (230 Tornado) is completely rebuilt but is sitting in the back.
I would say that the vehicle is in fair (not good) condition. It's going to take a LOT of work to make this thing pretty. Like all civilian's, he thinks that his truck is gold plated. I told him the truth, it's too messy for me at any price, I have too many project MV's to take this one on. He wants $3,000 but I don't think that it will fetch that much money. If you are looking for a $500 truck, no, he's not going to do that. Next week he said he will tow it out to my farm where it will sit until sold. I'm just offering it to you guys to consider. If nobody is interested, then it goes on E-bay in July or August or whenever.
Photo's next week when it gets here.
-Sarge

Sarge

M725

Yes, regular Texas title and plate still attached.
Looking at the tax sticker on the windshield, it last ran in 1998.
He bought it in 1989.
I have not seen the title, but I'll tell him to bring it with the 725 to me.
-Sarge

Sarge

86m1028 and anybody else who was interested......
I want to apologize for this posting, I should have waited until the 725 was in my possession.
The guy was just wasting my time.
I drove an hour to go and look at it because he wanted to know it's value and also if I could help him sell it.
I gave him a (brutally) honest assessment, some of you know me, it was indeed an honest assessment.
M725's in very good condition go for between $3K and $5K. M725's in the condition his was in go for $700 to $1500.
A little bit more if the buyer really, really has his heart set on a 725.
He was not happy with my assessment, he truly believed that his POS 725 was worth over $3K and at one point mentioned $12K.
So.....
Maybe his grandkids will sell what's left of it in 30 years or so.
Once again, sorry if I got your hopes up, I won't make another post like this unless I'm more certain of a sale.
-Sarge

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks