• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for M41A2 s/n help

dittle

All,

I need some assistance with finding a s/n for a M41A2 Walker Bulldog tank that I'm working on. The data plate inside of the tank beside the driver is gone. I have the USA Army s/n that is painted on the side which is USA 980029. Is there anywhere on the hull where the s/n is stamped, and if so where? I'm assuming it is, but I just don't know where. I have found many different numbers either stamped or "cast" into the hull up near the driver's hatch, but they are all outside of the what I can find for the known s/n production range of 0 - 3800ish. I know the tank is s/n 2900+ due to the build of the tank, but would like to find it and if possible find out where it served.

Thanks,

Dan

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Only suggestion I would have on something like this would be to do a freedom of information act to Logistics Support Agency and also the Army Tank and Automotive Command and maybe even the Army Department of Heraldry. Come to think of it, I would send a letter asking the Heraldry folks if they would know how to go about this. Something special like this they maybe able to help on versus a jeep or deuce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks