• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up the FOX

Bow-man

Just purchased a FOX recon vehicle from Pat Egan at Khaki Corps Imports. SS list member M1075 drove his 1-ton dually down from the Osage and helped me pick up the beast. We then drove it down U.S. 75 to our ranch south of Tulsa....
Like a dummy I didn't get any pics while on the road. Told the gals in the truck stop I found it on sale at Walmart (one actually believed me).
After unloading it at the ranch we proceeded on down to the McCalister Army Ammunition Depot and picked up a couple of trailer converter "dollys" M1075 won on GL. The GL guy there was friendly enough, although he seemed peeved that we didn't bring our own loader and he had to get out of the AC "for the third time" that day.
All in all it was a great trip...many thanks to M1075 for helping me out and saving me some serious shipping costs!
Got a deuce in Norman and one at Tinker to pick up next week-- should be fun. Y'all wish me luck!

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Details, man, details! What kind of power? What did ya pay for it? How fast will it go? Nice piece!

Alredneck

Banned
Man that is a sweet lil rig, im with Will we need specifics, does the guns still work or are they demilled, whats the cost, powerplant, armor package! What no dolly pics who doesnt like dolly?

citizensoldier

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Awesome! Did you drive it up on the trailer? What isle in Wally Mart did you find it?....
WalMart??? So that was made in China?? :D

That thing is just plain awsome!!!! Yes,yes,yes more details... Does the gun go bang?.. I will take two but it must be a local Wal Mart special only.. I drove up and asked about them and all they had was a MatchBox version. :wink: :(

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought it was a Jaguar engine? I gather they are really zippy and fun to drive, and fast.

Sweet acquisition Bowman! Gotta love wheeled armour...

Cheers

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice acquisition....Although I noticed that M1075 should be aware that DOT regs require "4" tie-downs on rolling stock when transported on a trailer. Might save you a ticket down the road.

Bow-man

The metal thingies behind the rear tires is actually a gas can. Haven't been able to crank her up to top speed just yet but it'll supposedly go 60mph on a smooth road.
The gun is actually a metal pipe with actual flash suppressor attached. I'm researching getting a propane "cannon" used by re-enactors that will fit-- if any of you guys have any ideas along those lines I'm all ears!
Funny thing-- M1075 and I discussed the current thread on trailer tie downs and what not and knew we'd catch some flak from sharp-eyed SS members on our methods!
We had to leave my camera in my truck (left behind at the ranch) because we weren't sure how strict the guards would be at the Ammunition Depot and didn't want to take any chances. Sorry for the lack of pics of the dollys. I shoulda known better that....

nopics

Bow-man

The metal thingies behind the rear tires is actually a gas can. Haven't been able to crank her up to top speed just yet but it'll supposedly go 60mph on a smooth road.
The gun is actually a metal pipe with actual flash suppressor attached. I'm researching getting a propane "cannon" used by re-enactors that will fit-- if any of you guys have any ideas along those lines I'm all ears!
Funny thing-- M1075 and I discussed the current thread on trailer tie downs and what not and knew we'd catch some flak from sharp-eyed SS members on our methods!
We had to leave my camera in my truck (left behind at the ranch) because we weren't sure how strict the guards would be at the Ammunition Depot and didn't want to take any chances. Sorry for the lack of pics of the dollys. I shoulda known better that....

nopics

Bow-man

We had to leave my camera in my truck (left behind at the ranch) because we weren't sure how strict the guards would be at the Ammunition Depot and didn't want to take any chances. Sorry for the lack of pics of the dollys. I shoulda known better with this crowd...

Elwenil

Ahh, I should have thought about the fuel can since I use the euro cans myself, lol. Now that I know what it is I can see them clearly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks