• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LAV 150 Information

TechIV

We have a LAV 150 which we are refurbishing to put into service for our Sheriff department's SWAT team. We were lucky enough to have found a TM for it, but our problem is that the TM covers the Cummins engine. Ours has a Detroit in it. Does anybody have any thing that covers the Detroit Diesel? We also need a good electrical schematic. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Strange, my spec sheet says the original powerpack was a Chrysler engine for that model, but it was gas. It must have been upgraded over the years. Do you have any model information for the engine in yours? A data plate, perhaps, somewhere on the engine?

Oh, and you earned this:

nopics

TechIV

The engine is a "6V53" Detroit. Our TM covers a V-8 Cummins but not the Detroit. There's no data plate in the vehicle either, so we are guessing at best. From what we can tell when we had the engine rebuilt, it is a mid 60's model but to be honest, we just aren't sure. When we got the vehicle (which was donated to us), the Allison automatic had grenaded and blew the housing apart. We are also looking for electrical diagrams, since alot of the wires have been cut. Thanks for your help!

mikehoward3

lav-150 restoration

we have a lav-150 we just recieved, and everything is in great working order except for the port windows and frames. does anyone know where we can find parts?

Rickv100

Is this one of the Panamanian V150's? Supposedly they were repowered by Anniston Depot to 6V53's.

Please post serial number if you have it.

Thanks,

Rick

You can have new vision blocks made at www.visionblocks.com

I have the V150 maintenance, operators and parts manuals. They are 3 ring bound so they should be easy to copy. Not sure what it would cost, but if you need a set I can look into it.

Also have a factory promo film of the V150 that I can burn to DVD if interested.

Disclaimer- I am out of the country A LOT. I am behind on a ton of things, but I eventually get around to them. Just ask Gerald. hahaha

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where O' Where can I find TMs for this thing I think it is TM 9-2320-245-10 Am I right? and where are they?
The -245- manuals are for the V100, they won't do you much, if any, good with a V150 (very few common parts).
And on that note, if you do find a -245-10 for the V, let me know please, I want a copy!! Haven't been able to find one. I have the -24 and -24P.

Cheers

Rickv100

Mike,

Have you contacted your Law Enforcement Supply Office where you recieved your V150 from to inquire about manuals?

Rick

Rickv100

You can have new vision blocks made at www.visionblocks.com

I have the V150 maintenance, operators and parts manuals. They are 3 ring bound so they should be easy to copy. Not sure what it would cost, but if you need a set I can look into it.

Also have a factory promo film of the V150 that I can burn to DVD if interested.

Disclaimer- I am out of the country A LOT. I am behind on a ton of things, but I eventually get around to them. Just ask Gerald. hahaha
Dave,

If I do not have them, can I suggest scanning to pdf and selling on CD?

Rick

Rickv100

Here is some more information from a source.

You can pass this on to the guy with V150, it is a Panama V150 and NO there were no TMs printed for it, and for sure not in the current configuration. It has been modified by Red River Arsenal, they replaced the V8 gas powerplant and replaced it with a 6V53 Detroit from a M113. Several of these have popped up in past few years in Law Enforcement hands and most of them have scraped and sold them as scrap for the same reason theis guy can't make heads or tails of it.

The couple of that I have seen and inspected were modified and basically never driven much afterwards, and I think because of the gear ratio problem and the top speed is only 45mph now with the 6V53.

The actually installation of the 6V53 is ok, but it turned into a Frankenstein because no time was spend dressing it up. An example is the right rear wheel well where the Radio Man would be is now taken over by exhaust pipes, intake and drive pulleys. The exhaust and intake could have been routed to the rear deck for much better installation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks