• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Importing MV from England - ATF Form 6 Questions

Rancher

Hi,

Brand new to SS and MV collecting.

I am having a Sabre CVR(T) restored for me in England and I have some questions about the ATF Form 6.

Do I need a FFL to submit the form or can I just mail it in?

Also do I need a customs broker, if there is not going to be any duty paid?
If so, any good recommendations from the forum?

Thanks for your help.
-Nate

EZFEED

Nope no FFL needed, just fill out your F-6 (the non military one) and send it in to ATF imports on Needy rd Martinsburg WV. Mail or fax is fine but let me just say that you should have done this first. If they deny you for some odd reason you will not be able to import the vehicle.

You will get back if approved, a F-6 permit which is valid for 12 months and deactivation procedures for the cannon (if your unit is so equipped). YOU MUST HAVE THE GUN(S) DEACTIVATED TO THE SPECIFICATIONS BATF PRESCRIBES. If you do not the unit will be siezed and you will lose it. I dont know if its like a Scorpion or not, but if it has any kind of weapons they will require U.S. deactivations. U.K. Deactivations will not fly in the U.S.!
No you dont need a broker or any of that stuff unless you just want someone else to take care of it or have the money to waste on one. If you are bringing one on then its duty free. It wont be driven on the roads so theres no HS-7 needed. You will have to fill an EPA 3520-21 out for the engine and be sure to mark it as non-road. There will be port fees and handling fees and those will be around $400 or a little more depending on where you are getting it in.
I have this PLDvK 53/59 and it weighs 11.5 tons and my port costs were only $425. I think the Sabre is actually lighter than my truck.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/EZFEED/My vehicles/EZPLDVK1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/EZFEED/My vehicles/EZPLDVK4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/EZFEED/My vehicles/img_25_7166_0.jpg

EZFEED

Do you have a shipper yet for the ocean transport? If not let me know and I can hook you up with my agent. I can pretty much guarantee that he will beat any ocean rate that you can find. 8)

He can also arrange land transport on both ends as well if needs be. Transport to the port in the UK and have a truck here at whatever port in the U.S. to carry it to your home.

EZFEED

Oh yeah bud, you'll have to do some work on that baby before it leaves England! Those smoke/grenade dischargers, the main gun and coax (if you are getting those too). European demil is nothing like U.S. Demil and if you are thinking you can get it past U.S. Customs dont bet on it cause ATF is always notified when things like this show up. Dont risk getting your vehicle confiscated! Being that you didnt get the F-6 first and the questions about the broker then this sounds like you may be new to this so PM me when you are able. Very nice vehicle by the way, congrats!!!! :D

To give you an example of my rates, I had the above SPAAG shipped from Germany to Houston TX for $2,255. I am pretty sure he will be able to beat that rate. Sounds like you are using Wallenius or some other top name shipper??????

PM me

B3.3T

All of EZFEED's info on importing is correct, except now you cannot import barrels, cut or otherwise. So, now you can't really import any gun, demilled or not.

datadawg

I know this is an ancient thread, but I am contemplating buying a PLDVK that EZ has and wondering if it's still doable, in light of above post thT you cannot import barrels. EZ, did yours fit into a container? The seller in Eastern Europe is telling me it's got to go ro ro and will cost $6K just for over water.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks