• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

X

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've always had a question about the M113 - were any of the -113 series made out of steel hulls? Reason I ask is that a couple years back I saw a flatbed truck heading north on I-81 with a -113 track on it, and it was covered in RUST. No paint, just rust, like it had a steel hull, the paint had been stripped off, and left outside for a while. I know the majority of them were aluminum, but I can't remember if any, even the early ones, were steel hulled.

Esteban

maddawg308 said:
I've always had a question about the M113 - were any of the -113 series made out of steel hulls? Reason I ask is that a couple years back I saw a flatbed truck heading north on I-81 with a -113 track on it, and it was covered in RUST. No paint, just rust, like it had a steel hull, the paint had been stripped off, and left outside for a while. I know the majority of them were aluminum, but I can't remember if any, even the early ones, were steel hulled.
I have never heard of one with a steel hull, but it could have been a " movie prop " as suggested , or a prototype, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks