• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 on tour to Pocking Germany

Wolf.Dose

From August 22nd to 24th 2008 there was a MV meeting in Germany. Some pics.

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

Found new pics I forgot

I found some new pics of MV meetings in Germany after I got my electronic camera from my doughter for other reason for some minutes.
To the pics with no subtile:
The 4th pic is my Kaiser M715 with a broken starter in Bergen Hohne Army training area at the Easter meeting (10th time). Needed a tow start to go home 540 km. Needed refueling inbetween, but I might not forget not to shwich the engine of while refuling.
Pic no 5 is a so calld NATO Ford 3 ton truck from the late 50 with a 3.9 l L-head V8 gas engine with 90 HP, designe of the late 30's, needing about 40 l of gas a 100 km.
Than we have a pic with a road legal Ferret, a Landy and a DKW Munga with a 3 cylinder 2-stroke engine of the early 60's.
Next is a Iveco Astra 8x8 of 32 tons (metric) GVW, A M109, a Faun Kraka and a Mutt.
Last pic is a Sil 131 and a 5 ton MAN L630A2E side by side of former enemies owned by the the colegues from Siegen. Both trucks run a max speed of a little over 66 km/h which is about 35 mph. I is a tought job to run them for a 350 km ride to a meeting. The MAN is about 25 l Diesel a 100 km, the Sil at about 40 to 50 l of Gas a hundred km. Gas in Germany is at about 1 Euro 30 cents a liter or 4 Dollar a gallon, Diesel is at about 3 Dollar a Gallon.

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

I also found some from the meeting in Septfontaine Luxemburg last year.
Wolf

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

And some pics from Schmittenhoehe last year.
Wolf

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

Not to forget the pics from Strueth/Rheinland Plalz, 20 th meeting.
Thats all I have for the moment.
Wolf

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

This time I got some more! Some are from Schmittenhöhe 2009 and some are from Quadriga, Luxembourg 2009.
Wolf

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

Hallo there,
some pics from the Eastern Meeting in Hepstedt. it was a small meeting, however a nice one , some 25 vehicles and a lot of old friends, very relaxing. Here some pics.
Wolf

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

I have some more!

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

On the way back home I made a little detour of about a 100 miles and visited OP Alpha. Thanks to the soldiers who served on that outpost to East Germany for many years just at the borderline to keep the western world free of the influance of the eastern doctrines. Here are some pics from the west side.
Wolf

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

Here are some pics of the former border line fences as reconstucted. The autoritiers did not allow to keep them in the original shape, so they had to be rebuilt in 2008 for demonstration and rememberence.
Wolf

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

I also have some pics from the Grenzhaus Museum which is located at the Thüringern side of the former border. OP Alfha is in Hessen. I estimated to need 2 hours for all of that, however it took me 4 hours to look at all the museum stuff there. It was very interesting!. So here are the East German vehicles which were in use at the border as found in the Grenzhaus.
Wolf

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks