• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scorpion Info Request

TedG

I have an opportunity to obtain a running Scorpion. It is already in the US. What paper work should I look for / or should be provided by the seller so I know it is legit? I own several wheeled vehicles but this would be my first tracked vehicle.

This one is from Belgium & has the Jag gas engine. Turret operates by hand & turret motor is electrically disconnected. I will find out what gun it has on my next trip. Interior needs to be repainted, etc. Drive train is complete.

Any help with what to look for would be appreciated. pm me if you don't want to post here.

Regards,

Sorry, no pictures at this time.

B3.3T

If it is already in the States, you don't need any paperwork. If its here, it's legit. Nothing is required to own it.
They all have Jag engines and there is no turret motor used unless someone rigged one up here in the States. The gun is a 76mm. You need to be sure it runs properly and the gearbox is in good order. The clutch is easy to fix but the gearbox is a serious matter. Belgian J-60 engine have poor early type ignitions prone to failure. Original engine should be painted maroon.

It is probably one the Earl Tucker imported back in 1998. I probably have photos of it on its way to Michigan.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks