• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this APC?

superburban

On my way home from Washington (Yakima), yesterday, I stopped by Idaho Motor Pool to poke around for a while. I came across this APC that from a distance I thought was an M113, but when I got closer, couldn't ID it. IMP was closed for the holiday, so I didn't really have anyone to ask.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
British made FV-432. They were gas or diesel powered, most have been surplused out by now. They are popular with US collectors, mainly because they are relatively cheap, and spares are common in Britain for them.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to let ya'll know, they routinely sell in Britain for $4K to $10K, and in this country for $10K to $20K. Try touching a M113 or M114 for that money, you'll get a bombed out shell.

Elwenil

Agreed and they and, other British armor, are frequently on ArmyJeeps.net for sale for what appears to be reasonable prices.

BillIdaho

That is Alex's drag racing British FV. One year at our MV meet we raced it against an M114. iI don't remember which one won. I have driven that one a gaggle of times.(wrong-hand drive is strange!)
I live 20 minutes down the interstate from there ( towards Boise) . You should have stopped or let me know. I probably could have gotten ahold of Alex for you.

superburban

Next time through, Bill, I'll give you a call so that we can get together and play with some OD. Next time you talk to Alex be sure to thank him again for me. My daughter loved the HMMWV. That is one of the many vehicles that she can already ID from quite a distance, and she is only 5 years old! That's my daughter!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks