• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another "What's this APC?" thread

LanceRobson

Typically, they were (I guess still are) used by assorted command posts, medical aid stations and such in track laying outfits like Armor, Mechanized Infantry, Field Artillery and some Combat Engineers.

They had a gas engine driven 4.2 kW 28 Volt generator in the basket above the engine. It has a take-down davit and block and tackle to get the gen set off when you're going to be static for a while. The gen set lets you use all your commo gear without having to run the main engine.

There is a "tube tent" called an "Extension,Tracked Vehicle" by the Army that extends out from the rear of the vehicle. It makes a pretty spacious combo if you're going to set up for a while.

I spent 14 or 15 years of my career in the mortar business (right through MSG) I wonder how many thousand hours I spent in and around them?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I've "owned" six of these during my time in the military where we used them as mobile aid stations. Remember our doc doing surgery on an Iraqi prisoner inside one of these while one person held a spot light and one medic assisted. They have a fully enclosed canvas extension on the back. Basically set up and aluminum frame and unroll the canvas over. It provides full blackout capability for that area and basically doubles the space albeit without the protection of the armor. Slower and less mobile than the 113 due to the increase height and weight but decent for what they are used for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks