• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Worth 10k USD?

kcimb

Flea said:
Is that a 4BT in there?
No, it's a Hungarian csepsel 4cyl diesel engine.

It weighs 7.5 tons. The seller says it is all there and with a little work can be made to run again. It's been sitting for a few years, so he says. For 4k gbp he said he'd paint it and get it running.

It's a Czechoslovakian OT-65, their own version of the BRDM2.

it's located in the UK.

Owner has several. 6k GBP each + 4kusd for shipping to the US, optionally 4kGBP for a semi restoration.

EZFEED

Tell him you'll give him $5K as is and arrange your own shipping and you want detailed pics of each plus you will have someone you know there inspect the unit prior to shipping. You will wire half now and the other half ONLY when the vehicle is at the port just about to be loaded. (I can assist with this stuff)

FUG's do indeed go for around $10K but that is for an almost perfect early model one. These are still current issue so they command 'sort of' a premium over the BRDM-2. They have a lot of extra junk in them too so you get more for your buck.

kcimb

EZFEED said:
Tell him you'll give him $5K as is and arrange your own shipping and you want detailed pics of each plus you will have someone you know there inspect the unit prior to shipping. You will wire half now and the other half ONLY when the vehicle is at the port just about to be loaded. (I can assist with this stuff)

FUG's do indeed go for around $10K but that is for an almost perfect early model one. These are still current issue so they command 'sort of' a premium over the BRDM-2. They have a lot of extra junk in them too so you get more for your buck.
EZfeed, Price line negoooooootiaaaaator!

:lol:

Welcome back, btw the way. My earlier predictions about the gators were wrong, I see :lol:

GoldComet6

kcimb - It looks pretty cool.

I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other...but I'd be reluctant to buy sight unseen. Especially with it that amount of money and it being in the U.K. My other concern would be the shipping cost and any issues importing it. I have no knowledge on those issues, so I'd make sure I knew everything before plunkin' down the cash.

Is this a reputable dealer?

How hard is it to get parts for?

Are there service manuals for it? In English?

Like I said, I'm outta my element here so maybe you should decide without my imput....

kcimb

GoldComet6 said:
kcimb - It looks pretty cool.

I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other...but I'd be reluctant to buy sight unseen. Especially with it that amount of money and it being in the U.K. My other concern would be the shipping cost and any issues importing it. I have no knowledge on those issues, so I'd make sure I knew everything before plunkin' down the cash.

Is this a reputable dealer?

How hard is it to get parts for?

Are there service manuals for it? In English?

Like I said, I'm outta my element here so maybe you should decide without my imput....
I've never heard a bad word about Duncan. I will haggle with him on the price, waiting on another deal though. 4k$ for shipping sounds steep. Maybe I can get him down to 10k$ shipped.

EZFEED

Depends on who you use, if you use a dedicated auto transporter like Wallenius Lines then you get to pay those dedicated prices. If you use a common freight/shipping service and have it shipped Ro-Ro and also shop arund and make the company's compete then you stand to save a buck or couple thousand. Granted you will have to wait a little longer for it to arrive due to the more frequent stop and loads but if you're on a tight budget like me then you can stand the tradeoff.
I usually tag stuff along with VW. I've had my hands in shipping crates of weapon parts kits and such more than vehicles but its all the same game. A while back one of my buds got his Humber Pig (?) shipped back from the UK for only $900 piggybacking with someone else. When you combine shipping costs you get a discount too.

EZFEED

maddawg308 said:
I'd say more than that. I've heard quoted prices to import Land Rovers from UK to Baltimore around $3K each.
Actually this is just about what I paid for my newest toy to be shipped from Bremerhaven, Germany to the port of Houston, TX. Allot more ocean miles there.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Better get the correct insurance too. There are alot of ways a shipper, broker, loading crew, or even the ship's captain can wriggle out of liability on the slightest pretense, including making -you- pay for salvage/rescue operations on -their- ship and your own cargo due to their own negligence, right down to truly stupid acts like running aground because the captain didn't want to wait for the harbor pilot! If you don't believe that, see www.cargolaw.com and search for "general average". Or just look here: http://www.cargolaw.com/2008nightmare_msc_sabrina.html That's all I know about it, but if you are spending that much money, you might as well protect your investment.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks