• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m113 woes

kcimb

Howdy All,

Have an acquantience with an m113 that runs when jumped, but when started via starter button nothing happens. Beautifully restored track. Engine was pulled and checked. Starter, alternator, belts are all good.

What are the weak spots on the starting system of the m113?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Grounds, and tracked things have lots of safeties that a truck doesn't. Try jumping the neutral safety switch for starters. Maybe the starter button is NFG?

kcimb

Re: RE: m113 woes

WillWagner said:
Grounds, and tracked things have lots of safeties that a truck doesn't. Try jumping the neutral safety switch for starters. Maybe the starter button is NFG?
Starter button works fine. It was tested I was told.

dittle

RE: Re: RE: m113 woes

Sounds like you have a connection that has gone bad. I would get a TM, find the wiring diagram and starting voltage checking back from the starter to the starter relay (assuming it has a relay/solenoid like some of the tanks I have worked on) and see where you are loosing the signal at.

art

I had the same thing in a M60,
When in doubt read the manual.
Neutral saftey switch
Slam it in to gear then into neutral while holding in the starter button.
It worked for me!

packman

I would try at the starter relay mounted on the front of the engine. A good tip also while I think about past experience's is make sure the drain plugs are removed underneath, as it will fill up with water in heavy rain and drown the starter motor 1st ! They make good bath tubs :roll:
Good luck.

Ewa Marine

I would check backwards from the starter as well...
We have a 113 here and no problems so far...
ANd YEAH...OMG Detroits LEAK AND DRIP!
Filthy animal...
I got the one here out on the wash rack as we speak drying from giving her a bath inside and out...

What I really want to get my hands on is the mighty AAV...OOORAH..

There was a EVIL rumor the FBI here has one...the dude I talked to said "AMTRAC"...But to a civ FBI dude...that could mean anything if it came from the Marines...If it really is a AMTRAC, I am sooooo alll over it for this museum!!

LOL

Check from the starter on down...

ALoha
from the 808 State of Hawaii,

and
Semper FI.
Brad

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks