• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1 Tank for sale?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Well, not the whole tank. But I got brand new bustle racks (what the crew stows gear and other stuff on) for sale.
For the armor deficient out there the bustle rack is on the rear of the turret opposite the BFG.
You can start with the rack and build you very own M-1 around it.
Or you can cut them down a little and make a cool looling headache rack for your deuce.
Or leave them whole and make bitchin side racks for your deuce.
If they were mounted right you would have lots of storage space and still be able to put a lot of stuff on the floor of the bed.
Stevie Wonder could see the endless possibilities for these racks.
I only have eight and I am keeping one or two so that leaves six up for grabs.
They are being offered at the unheard of price of $350.00 each. (you really don't want to know what Uncle paid for them)
They are not heavy but they are big (about 10'x2) so shipping is on you,
I will deliver to the SS rally next weeked in GA.
If you dont have cash I will trade for anything of equal or near value that dont eat or have boobs.
PM ASAP to reserve yours and have it delivered to the rally.

Attachments

kcimb

We have racks similar to that on our AAVs. We can hook our Ilbe packs to the outside on the rack and so can the grunts. Adds a little more ballistic protection too.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool racks Sir. Gotta ask, how does that truck handle and steer with that engine all the way at the front of the bed? Thats where I was considering putting it when I get it from you.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That might be good to bolt to the inside of one of the long sides of the deuce bed, in order to hold all the 20mm ammo cans, fuel cans, Mermites, etc. etc. etc. that we always seem to be trucking around to shows and offroad events. Granted, it would take up some floor space for most of the length of the bed, but perhaps some sort of arrangement that would allow it to be bolted on and off when needed?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Kenny.......the engine rides great there. I am going to bring some rollers I have to help get it from my deuce to yours. If someone has a wrecker...so much the better.

Maddawg......the racks can be modified so that they will drop in the sides or front like the headache rack/side racks/troop seats. That would put them a foot or better above the cargo floor. Me and Offy have already figured a good way to do it. I am working nights this week so I prob wont have time to trick one out before the SS rally this coming weekend.

I may bring one or two to the rally just for chits and grins.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of those would work good for holding the above mentioned items..too bad you're so far away or i'd get one from ya.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks