• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715s in Vietnam

dstauffer63

Does anyone have any photos that show the M715 (not the M726) being used in Vietnam? I have a friend who is very convinced the M715 was never used in Vietnam and I am trying to prove otherwise, but I need photos that show irrefutable proof. Thanks!

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doug:
I am reading a book by Jim Watson relating his experiences in the SEAL teams. He tells a story about a VC mine they recovered in an op in a river. They brought the mine ashore on base to let EOD guys check it out. It must have had some kind of timed trigger because it exploded, killing three guys and severely injuring Watson. The reason for the sotry is that there is a photo in the book of two trucks that were positioned so their lights illuminated the mine for the EOD team. They are rather torn up in the after expolsion photo, but having ownbed an M715, I am quite sure that is what they were. Perhaps contact could be made with Jim Watson to get his input as well. I could send a copy of the picture if it is not illegal to do so. Probably not if I credit Jim and his book. One of my problems is that I am at work, and the title of the book escapes me. I think it is "Point Man"
Regards Marti

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks