• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

V 150 parts/info? cummins re-power HELP

trades2much

I am in charge of re-powering a V-150 for the local sheriff swat team. It had a cummins 504 V-8 diesel and allison, I am concerned about length since the allison was directly connected to the transfer-case so there is no room to go forward. I am thinking about a 6BT 5.9 cummins or a ISB 5.9 and a allison 1000 series from a duramax. We can get rid of the mufflers in front of the radiator so i have a little room, haven't taken a tape measure to it yet, just wanting to get some input before I start the project. Having a hard time finding any info on this rig. Please help, I start the project 11-3-08 so I would like to be prepared. thank's in advance.

trades2much

Colonel,

Thank's for the info, I am friends with Scott Countryman owner of de-stroked and he is exactly who will set me up with those parts. Scott and his brother just helped with some info I needed to finish my personal conversion A 1998 dodge ram 2500 that had a built 12valve and it now has a 2007 commonrail cummins, I have been driving it for a week without so much as a check engine light.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks