• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

16 Stuart tanks

Scrambler

LanceRobson said:
It's nice to see that they're being saved. It'd be nicer, though, if they were saved here.
Some of them are for sale so go ahead, buy yourself one and restore it. It is not bad that they are in the UK; some very good restorers are there.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Too bad our govt won't allow us to bring it back in. Then again, who has the money to buy it. I always dreamed of going to some of those countries that we gave/sold stuff to from WWII and somehow get it back. I remember Janes Defense had some of these old vehicles for some of these 3rd world countries.

While in Germany in 1988-92 I found an M8 being used as a lazer ranging target. Also had literally hundreds of halftracks that were taken out and shot full of holes.

Bill W

Thats good that at least a Brit got them they preferred the "Honey Tank" over their own armor in WWII desert warfare

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is just too friggin' awesome. 16 more tanks saved from the scrap heap!

Now only if there were a few more German Panthers sitting in Polish junkyards like was found a few years back....

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Amazing, what an adventure!

msehring

It was an adventure, I tried getting them into the US but gave up, that is when i went to my friend in the UK. 3 trips to Brazil, a few scars and it is finally over. glad to see they will get the love they deserve.

EZFEED

msehring said:
It was an adventure, I tried getting them into the US but gave up, that is when i went to my friend in the UK. 3 trips to Brazil, a few scars and it is finally over. glad to see they will get the love they deserve.
Wouldn't hapen to know where some others are would you? Maybe stuff like it like Lynx armored cars and such?

B3.3T

Hey t_lashley,
You CAN'T have one because it can't be imported back into the U.S. even though your Grand Poobah Arnold was able to bring in the U.S. M-47 he drove while in the Austrian Army.... Really fair, huh? I'm bet he owns a .50, too.

B3.3T

Tanks...

Hey t_lashley,
You CAN'T have one because it can't be imported back into the U.S. even though your Grand Poobah Arnold was able to bring in the U.S. M-47 he drove while in the Austrian Army.... Really fair, huh? I'm bet he owns a .50, too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks