• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WW2 Armor found on ranch

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There must be more to this story, care to give us some details? Is the scout car in FL now? It's an amazingly dry example of a scout car, what state did you find it in? Inquiring minds want to know.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those M3 Scout Cars are getting pretty uncommon, and pricey as well. Glad another one has found a good home!

Please post more pics as you restore this piece of history....

wiggall

I know where one is in Nevada but nowhere in that shape! It would take A LOT OF WORK, and PARTS TO GET IT BACK! FTG2 Wiggles USS EDSON DD 946 1969-1973

Wayofftrack

Thanks for the nice comments guys. It was in southeast Colorado on a large cattle ranch. The guy I bought it from is the original owner. It was surplused out of Pueblo Ord. Depot in 1955. I got the original paperwork for it from when it was mothballed in 1947 and then sold in 1955. The owner and his father bought 17 of them for something like $196.00 each, then immediately resold 15 to a surplus outfit in Minnesota. The sold another to a local rancher and kept this one to use in the winter to haul feed to the cows in the far off corners of the ranch. I will post some pics as soon as i figure out how. It is still in Colorado right now at a fellow collector and good friends place until I can figure out how to get it to Florida. The former owner kept it in a barn until about 2003 when he quit using it. He is 79 now and slowing down. A very very nice man I really enjoyed talking to him and seeing his collection of arrow heads. It was really way out there, about 30 miles down a gravel road off the highway. I found out about it from another collector who tried to buy it years ago but the guy would never part with it.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow that New Holland baler looks just like one I put up tens of thousands of bales with in Illinois. That and the 1950's John Deere Tractor would be nice to pick up too.

Getting it in that condition is awesome and seeing it running is a real hoot. Looks like kids used the back end as a .22 target.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I got my D2 Cat and 41'WC from 2nd owner , they both came from the Pueblo Depot. There was a WW2 Airfeild down there also. Its a treasure hunt in Pueblo , never know what your going to find

ONTOS66

Congratulations on a great find! The armor hasn't been cut up AND it runs! Nice restoration project. Glad to see a collector saving another rare one from a rusty death or the scrap heap.

woodwalker

WOW that is totally amazing!! that has to be the best looking dogs in the USA!!
Are they famouse?

sorry Cman could not help myself.

still hunting the Pueblo del rio grounds

Wayofftrack

WOW that is totally amazing!! that has to be the best looking dogs in the USA!!
Are they famouse?

sorry Cman could not help myself.

still hunting the Pueblo del rio grounds

Hehehehe

Yes they are and so are you. You are the man, couldn't have done it without you. I was wondering how long it would take you to see the thread.

Not long!

Bill W

WOW
Thats just to frigging cool to come across something in that original condition!
I don't suppose he still had the skate rail did he?

Wayofftrack

Yep somebody shot the back armor with a shotgun. Combat damage! Ok not really. My buddy who hauled it for me pointed out that you can see a tiny bit of led pellet in the center of each shot blast rust spot. :-D

No skate rail unfortunately was there, he turned it into some type of implement for stringing multiple spools of barbed wire, 6 at one time I think he said. I have a reproduction skate rail for it.

Anybody with scout car or halftrack parts I'm always looking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks