• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finished My Restoration

MDSA

Nice

Looks really nice. I love that color, but don't have time to restore my Deuce to that quality. Besides, with 2 tennage boys still at home, we are often off road brushing against nature. Wouldn't do to restore her yet.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great job. Which color of OD did you end up using? I haven't decided on mine yet, it's still Forest Service white.

Warthog

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great job. Which color of OD did you end up using? I haven't decided on mine yet, it's still Forest Service white.

Warthog
The truck was taken apart, plastic media blasted, epoxy primed, body work completed, epoxy primed again and then 3 coats of Gilispie 24087.

saddamsnightmare

December 11th, 2008.

A really, really nice restoration of an M715!!!:razz: I drove one in the early 1980's that had been sent to the CD Director for Brooke County, W.Va., and that was a truck that you couldn't kill (well, if anyone could, the CD Director could and finally did:cry:), it would haul almost anything, and ran like a champ. The only things you'll have to watch out for are the water pump and the starter switch on the floor (both of these items gave us trouble...).
I almost want to go find an M715 now, but with a Unimog needing new cab paulin, bed tarpaulin and bed floorboards, and the Deuce always needing something minor.....I'd better not:cry:.

Three cheers for a really important truck and a wonderful restoration:driver:

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks