• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 engine & transmission for sale

We will be pulling an original engine & transmission from a M715 brush fire truck first thing after Christmas. Truck just arrived at our shop today. Engine has a skip on 1 cylinder, I believe the issue is electrical, will check it out to be sure before removing from truck, transmission is in good operating condition. This truck is getting a new Cummins Diesel engine & 5-speed over-drive transmission. Dept wants to sell original engine & trans. You pick up at our shop, both for $1,200 or will sell separately. We will load for you. Will crate & ship for extra cost. We will correct skipping issue or sell as is.

Shop phone: 704-474-4683, ask for Charles

E-mail: charles@mseriesrebuild.com

We will be pulling an original engine & transmission from a M715 brush fire truck first thing after Christmas. Truck just arrived at our shop today. Engine has a skip on 1 cylinder, I believe the issue is electrical, will check it out to be sure before removing from truck, transmission is in good operating condition. This truck is getting a new Cummins Diesel engine & 5-speed over-drive transmission. Dept wants to sell original engine & trans. You pick up at our shop, both for $1,200 or will sell separately. We will load for you. Will crate & ship for extra cost. We will correct skipping issue or sell as is.

Shop phone: 704-474-4683, ask for Charles

E-mail: charles@mseriesrebuild.com
We started pulling this truck down today, found a bad plug wire on #5 cylinder, replaced that & it runs great. Checked compression as well, 165 PSI on every cylinder. 60 pounds of oil pressure at idle after warm up. This is a great engine with only a few miles since a rebuild. If you want photos I can e-mail them to you.

Elwenil

Not to discourage you but good luck selling the OHC 230. There are a lot of them that are given away or scrapped as they aren't worth the cost of shipping to most. The amount of M715s that have been converted to various other engines for assorted uses has pretty much flooded the market with M715 engines. I had two and tried to sell them for over a year and finally let them go for scrap price just to get them out of my way.

Not to discourage you but good luck selling the OHC 230. There are a lot of them that are given away or scrapped as they aren't worth the cost of shipping to most. The amount of M715s that have been converted to various other engines for assorted uses has pretty much flooded the market with M715 engines. I had two and tried to sell them for over a year and finally let them go for scrap price just to get them out of my way.
We are just trying to move it for the owners to help them offset the cost of their project somewhat. They set the price, not us. If it doesn't move before we finish the project, it will be going with the truck as we don't have space or use for it. Never try to discourage a seller, I have my ideas about it too, but I've sold stuff easily that I thought would never move, just put the word out there, you just never know who may be looking. What have you got to lose? It's only a few minutes of typing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks